Saturday, May 28, 2016

Last week

Delaney has loved playing with Frankie's parrot costume from dance. She's worn it to bed several times, but this time she hung it first. And the reason she had a bed on the floor for over a week was that both of her white sheet sets were dirty and since we were without a washer, I had put red sheets on her bed, and she did not approve. So she opted to sleep on the floor. Whatevs.
Exhibit A of costume sleeping:
And exhibit B:
Ps - that costume is as messy as it looks. We've had feathers everywhere.

We had out biannual dental checks and I'm happy to report Frankie was the only one with one small cavity. Pretty good, especially for me!
Awww yeah!
Such a good little patient.
This one too. We all tried the chocolate paste (even me because I'm a good mom) and were model patients.
Chris was there too, but since he had a final, he flew fast. Too fast for a pic.

One night while Matt was gone we had a genera PTA meeting I got to take the girls to. Mrs. Ramsey put computers on to occupy the girls and Frank's wanted to document her work.
One day I watched the Aina girls. Chris had a track meet, so I left early and Matt took over. I also had Alexis, so he got to take 4 girls up to the school to pick up another 2 girls. He's a good sport. (: and these 2 buddies are adorable.
One day right before a storm, Chris came home and said his car window wouldn't roll up. He and Matt proceeded to take the whole door apart, only to realize that he had the window on window lock and there was really nothing wrong with it. Those are the times you can either laugh or cry. (:
That Saturday was Girl Scout encampment. It was pouring rain when we left, and it was so hard to leave our warm and cozy house for a day of rainy outdoorsiness. 

All of the cute little daisies looked like they were in a little bit of shock. It was SO cold and SO wet. All the troops met under a canopy and the rain was loud so it was hard to hear what was happening. It was pretty miserable. We were smiling through the cold though!
All the troops (less than half of what was there last year) huddled under one of the few covered areas.
I love that Girl Scouts teaches such great leadership. The girls planned encampment, and with the rain they had to revamp the whole plan. They did a really good job for being thrown such terrible weather.
We had on raincoats and ponchos over those. Did I mention it was freezing?
The lodge was warm, but our turn for the lodge wasn't until the afternoon. We did manage to sneak in a bathroom trip and the warm water on our cold hands was so nice!
The rain let up a little bit. Brownies!
Silly girls! The theme was "Out of this World," so the girls got these cool sticks with planets on them.
Daisies!
Awesome women moms and leaders. Pushing through the pain.
We are a spaghetti dinner and called it a day. My socks were completely wet, and my warm slippers I had brought for lodge shoes felt so good. We cranked the heater the whole way home and it was so wonderful. It was a good, if miserable weather day. 

This also came up on my fb memory feed. This picture is cool to me because it was after the warrior dash that I took a pregnancy test and found out we were having little miss D.  I remember I had made a delicious tomato, cucumber, feta salad and ate it before the race. Since I think about food all day long, I was totally planning to eat more when we got home. But then on the way home thinking about  my delicious salad made me want to throw up, which is my biggest pregnancy indicator. And sure enough! This will always be a fun memory.

Another week caught up. 

No comments: