Sunday, May 29, 2016

snuba

blast from the past!
 
actually, I don't think I ever even blogged our amazing Domincan Republic trip because I never got digital pics from j&d. but I did come across our snuba pics this morning, and they are too good not to share.
 snuba is where you are attached to oxygen, but you only go down about 20 feet. it was really cool, and matt the scuba certified pro took right to it.
i on the other hand, did not. as you can tell by my rigid hand on hip action here.
 i freaked, like embarrassingly so. even snorkeling takes some getting used to, but at least then you are just on the surface. breathing underwater is just not normal.
 i was 100% prepared to bag it and hang out at the surface. but the company we chose was awesome, and one of the guys worked with me to get me calm so that i could go down and experience it. he was soooo good. he held my hand and had me just look at his eyes, like, you're ok, you are safe - just like i do with my kids!
 still not my fav thing, and i for sure will never go scuba diving, but it was a neat experience. we got to feed the fish and created this frenzy.
underwater make-out sesh.
that was such an amazing trip. soooo ready to do that again! someday!!!

No comments: