Monday, May 30, 2016

more catch up

a few weeks ago the ward council went up to the temple visitors center to take a special tour. I love seeing the temple come into view as you turn the corner on the beltway. never gets old.
we counseled together the whole way up and back, it was great to have all that time to talk. and the visitor center was great too. lot's of good ideas for missionary opportunities.
our friend rusty from new mexico came and stayed a night with us a few months ago. she had been preparing to serve her mission in Nauvoo, and we just happened to have a sister missionary serving in our ward on her outbound from Nauvoo, so rusty made sure to find her and post it on fb for me.
the girls decorated a box for matt for his birthday. creativity, yo.
one night d-money had stickers all over her hair when I went to check on her.
and her face too.
and I blinked and I had two kids out of high school and three big little girls riding bikes to school.
this chic has taken off on the balance bike. she loves it and always wants to ride. she goes downhill and everything.
a volunteer firefighter from smc was killed a few weeks ago, and the county went all out for his services. they had people park at the firehouse and were shuttling them to the church.
I got to see some of the procession preparing for the service. i'm glad they showed such honor for his sacrifice.
my baby boy gave blood for the first time, and all day wore a sticker that said "be nice to me, I gave blood today." awwwww, sweet baby.
Delaney inherited a 4t wonder woman pj set from cousin Quinn.
only its like the smallest 4t set ever made, and it's just a wee bit too small for our mini 4 year old. she doesn't let it phase her, and as soon as it's washed, she's wearing it. it's pretty adorbs.

No comments: