Saturday, May 28, 2016

LG in LG

Today was the 5th annual Life's Good in LG 5K. I am happy to report that I have participated every year. I went back through this beloved blog and dug out pics and results from each year. Pretty fun to look back at!
Blue - '12 - 33 minutes
Pink sweatshirt - '13 - 26.30
White - '14 - 25.42
Grey - '15 -  just under 1 hour (walking)
Blue - '16 - 33.40

Not that I would have done all that much better today, but I was in the bathroom when the race started this morning, so that kind of stinks. They started early. :/

Before the big 5k though is the fun run. This has traditionally not been all that fun for my crew. For this reason I didn't even bother signing Laney up. 
The two big girls did pretty well though! Go Frank's, go!
She did great!
Then Addie and ashby rounded the corner... walking.
Whatever floats your boat I guess. Finishers!
Delaney was excited that even though she didn't run, she got a medal. Cuties!
We got Kona ice, face painting, and played at the park. 
I tried to get a picture with the very-excited-for-the-pool baby.
She wasn't having it.
She was a little bit off a lot of the day.
At 10:00 sharp we were ready to hit the pool! First time we've been the first ones there!
SO excited!
SO, SO excited!
SO, SO, SO excited!
I watched the ladies while Matt got his trunks, then we traded off.
While they pooled it up, I mailed 20 gifts for a lexi-lu's 20th birthday this Friday. I decorated the box with a bunch of 20's.
After the post office I came home and cleaned. I had planned on meeting the crew at the pool, but by the time I took them lunch and cleaned, it had been almost 3 hours, and I figured the crew would be home soon. I was wrong. They stayed 5 hours! It was lovely, but probs a little too long because this happened to all the girls. Matt is super good about sunblock, I just think it was so hot and we haven't been outside much, so they got a little toasty. 
When they got home we deemed it was family nap time. F and D cried and carried on, and further convinced us that all needed naps. They all read for awhile, and then Delaney knocked her head on her lamp as she was rearranging her room (why?!) so she came to our room crying and fell asleep until I woke her up 2 hours later. She was tired.

At 6:30 we went to the Dorns for an ice cream party for the Oakes. It was nice to visit, and Anna made some delicious blondie brownies, yum. Yet another family leaving our ward. Boo! 

We left a little early to catch the 2nd annual LG Concert on the Green, but even though it said it would be 7-9, when we showed up at 8:15, it was over. :/ maybe next year we will actually catch the concert, we're getting closer.
We stayed and visited with D and crew until our girls were grumpy and rude one too many times. Just before 9:00 we decided that it was time for bed. It was a gorgeous night and there were tons of people out, so the part we were there for was fun. 

Still haven't seen any fireflies yet, though we've heard tales of their appearance in the SMC. Hoping to see some soon!

No comments: