Sunday, May 29, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I had a really great Mother's Day, even though Matt was gone. I had put in my request to the kids to sleep in, and for strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. They totes delivered! And with a chocolate chip M pancake to boot.
Then Chris made me this awesome macaroni frame. It's to tease Lexi because of the macaroni frame she made me when she was like, 16. It's become a fun family joke.
Frankie's Daisy troop had gone to a paint your own pottery place, and Addie got to tag along. She had a piece all picked out to paint, when she put it back and picked this "mom." I told her that was so sweet, but I really wanted her to do something for herself. She said that she would be a mom someday and she really wanted the mom for herself. Can you imagine my surprise when I opened this on Mother's Day? She is so sweet, and such a thoughtful little 7 year old.
I got lots of fun cards too.
We didn't have ward council that morning, but we did still have some excitement. Bishop had gotten a call from a couple that was sailing the coast and had asked for a ride to church. I volunteered, since we're close to the port and I had the room. I'm so thankful I did, because Patricia and Tom were the nicest people I've met in a long time. I only wish Matt could have been here to meet them too. Such a fascinating family, home schooled their kids and sailed all over the Mediterranean, among other places. They've been on this trip since September, started on the gulf side of florida, and planning to be gone till August and somewhere near maine. What a life!  
We had plans to eat at Mccombs for Mother's Day/Laura's birthday, so after I had met them and loved them, I texted Laura and asked if I could invite them. I know she trusts me and would say yes to anyone, and of course she did. And of course, she fell in love too. We all drove down to the wharf to drop them back off before it got dark.
Frank's and lanes were busy being models.
full time fancy models.
Goodbye, sweet friends! Till we meet again!
Not only did I get wonderfully thoughtful gifts, cards, and meals, but my RS lesson with all the sisters in the ward went really well. They are such an easy group to "teach" and everyone participated. i had seen this bible study sketch on fb back in January and it resonated with me. i had never really studied out the Proverbs 31 woman, but i knew that was what i needed to teach, and i really learned a lot.
It was just a great day altogether. 

No comments: