Sunday, May 29, 2016

an ode to delaney, and other stuff

a few weeks ago Delaney woke up with a tell tale puffy, red, goopey eye. I pulled it down and had her look up and I just knew it was pink eye. I know a thing or two about pink eye, how they check, what it looks like, and she had it. It was a super bummer because chris was giving a talk in WP that morning, and we were completely ready to go, and were just going to drop a sleepy laney (and 2 big girls) at Laura's so we could go. but since we had the pink eye, I stayed home with the girlies. I haaate missing my kids things, and this was the first talk of his I've ever missed. :(
but then an hour later!
completely, 100% clear! what?!? I was still thinking of taking her to the walk in clinic, but then since they don't really test for pink eye, they would have just said she didn't have it. thank goodness, because pink eye is such a bumsie!
Delaney loves the parrot costume.
we had feathers everywhere, including all over the yard and even up the street a ways.
jump!
short girls be like...
(and if you've never had to pull tights or maxi skirts up to your boobs, lucky you)

and a cute hair pic for good measure. cute hair, goofy face.
the race photogs have been adding pictures. fun run!
I was running! (forrest gump style)
and the only pic of me in the whole bunch. i'm ok with it.
today was a warm Sabbath day. the girls and I went for a bike ride before church since tropical depression bonnie has been soaking us since this afternoon. the chapel has been crazy warm (and stinky) lately and now with the warm weather it's not much fun. we had a 5th sunday lesson on family councils, which was good. those things are kind of tough when you've basically got 2 sets of kids. we've not been consistent with this over the years, and have completely let it go for the last few. it's a good thing to start up again and i'm excited to do it.

frankie taught about how to take care of our bodies for fhe and we facetimed with sissy. bubba sniped this one of her. :)
good sunday. :)

1 comment:

Alecia said...

She looks like Katherine McPhee in this picture!