Monday, March 16, 2020

COVID log #2

Today was not the best day. The emotion and strain of the few days caught up with me. I didn’t sleep well, so when I finally got back to to sleep, I slept in. That lead to a general feeling of blah. Governor Hogan announced that all restaurants, bars, movie theaters, and gyms closed. Restaurants only open for carry out and delivery. I think it’s the right thing, and I’m not going to any of those, but it still made me feel emotional. I’ve been at peace with all the craziness and today it just caught up. Not horrible, just not awesome. So I gave up on the structured day and it became a free for all. I always think that will make things better, but actually it doesn’t. I need structure. I actually like a loose structure with lots of wiggle room. Otherwise I just have lots of blah days. I also realized my neck is super tense and i have a huge knot that made me feel achey and gave me a headache.. I also just kind of want things to stop, and they’re not. There’s still lots to be done. It’s ok. It’s all ok. These days are to be expected. Tomorrow is a new day and we finally made our plan and it’s all fine. Still looking to these weeks as a gift and I appreciate this time to slow down. 

We had very long online piano lessons. After a few minutes I realized I’d need to be siting with the student in order for things to work. It’s not ideal, but it’s better than nothing. 

Tomorrow our neighborhood is having a shamrock scavenger hunt. We’ll walk around and see how many shamrocks we can find, so the girls all made shamrocks and we put them in the windows. I like things that bring us together, separately.

Matt player Irish music while the girls colored. Delaney danced. She’s become such a nut and she cracks herself up!

Scripture power hour. We watched a fun YouTube video on the allegory of the olive tree, and then read. No home evening tonight because momma wasn’t prepared. No biggie, we’ve got every other night this week open!

The power to win. 

We FaceTimed grandpa Ray. Seattle is kind of the epicenter of the US Corona crisis, but he is doing well. We laughed at Annie-cat and the girls acted like total animals. Grateful for the technology to stay connected as we stay socially distant. 

We had the idea to start a rousing game of hangman with the cousins on our family Facebook group. So far we’ve got participation from an aunt, uncle, sissy, and nanny. Maybe tomorrow one of the kids can guess a letter. 😂

Today wasn’t the best, but sure could have been worse. Grateful to try again tomorrow. 💕

No comments: