Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day #4

I stayed up late talking to Chris last night. Love those lasts nighters. Then I read a very detailed, very scary article and woke Matt up and we talked and i worried and he reassured me till around 2am. Even when we went “back to bed” I tossed and turned. This is all so surreal, and everything is worse at night. This morning was a fresh start. A chance to talk about things and see the good. I listened to an old podcast yesterday and they talked about aggressively finding joy each day, and that great advice gave me fresh energy. I’m leading the virtual RS/EQ discussion on Sunday and were studying Pres. Nelson’s closing remarks from last general conference, and that is also breathing fresh life and hope into my days. It’s one day at a time, but they are mostly joyful. 

I got news of another friend who’s son and husband are waiting covid results. I know a handful of people all waiting all different times. In Seattle it’s 2 days, here on Sunday it was 5 days, and here today they were told results would take 10 days. I can’t imagine why they would have  to wait that long, but it’s not good. We are all praying prettt hard, pretty much all day. 

I talked to 3/5 of my siblings today, and that also brought joy. Apple closed their stores last week, but is paying all their employees, so for now Alli is good. I tried to convince her to come spend the quarantine with us, i’d even make room for her dumb dog, and that’s saying a lot. 

Amy’s been working 16 hour days at home for weeks now. Facebook is working hard to make sure all their employees will still be paid, and a lot of that is falling on Amy. They’ve got a cute “school” set up and the kids are doing well. Their county is under strict shelter in place orders, but they’ve been social distancing for awhile now, so they were prepared. 

Tom has his boys today, and it was fun to hear them playing and arguing like little boys that are cooped up do. They have plans to make giant bubbles, and this auntie can not wait. He is scheduled to leave for a delivery Sunday, but if NY locks down, he won’t be going. They’ve got work for them at the warehouse, and if all else fails, I’m sure he could get a job driving trucks somewhere else. 

I texted with joe and Frey, and both are doing well. Hopefully we can chat tomorrow. We also talked about a family Zoom, so that will be fun. 

Cade is working 2 weeks on now, instead of his usual 3-4. Then he should have 30 days off. Too bad they can’t travel. 😞 they are doing well, staying home, and cute as can be. Emmett took a few crawls today and we al laughed and laughed watching him zoom around in his walker. 

Last night Alli won hangman, and in the knock of time too. A “Happy Saint Patrick’s Day” message would have been lame today. 

Dad came over this morning and we social distanced in the yard. It almost felt normal. Thank goodness for Springy weather!

I ventured out for the first time since last Thursday. I had to drop off student pages to my student so I can virtually tutor. That starts tomorrow, so that should be fun. We decided to pick up McDonald’s as a special treat for everyone. These girls have been so good. Their whole worlds have been turned upside down and they are going with the flow. We chat several times a day about feelings and they are just such troopers. We’ve had very little fighting and bickering. We’re not getting a lot done, but I’m down for that right now. 

We talked about it and decided we could still go to horseback lessons. Matt was finally sent home for telework, so he came along. 2 outings in 1 day, what??? We loved on baby Indy and cheered on d and ads. 






No comments: