Sunday, March 22, 2020

Day #7

Good news! I managed to sleep in till 5! Still lots of tossing and turning, but 7 hours is awesome and I’m grateful! I got up and in the quiet of the morning re-read Pres. Nelson’s closing remarks from last general conference. I was asked to lead the combined relief society/elders quorum Zoom lesson today. As I was studying, I was thinking about how much I enjoy waking up early before a talk or a lesson and sitting with the spirit. It’s one of my favorite things. Even though it turned out to be pretty much an awkward fiasco, I’m still grateful for the insights i learned, and I felt the spirit as we shared. And I don’t have a lot of pride left, and corona has a way of showing what’s important, and feeling awkward while leading a clunky online class isn’t one of them. 

Addie had her Zoom young men/young women class, and then we went for a walk to wish Morgan happy birthday. They were going to have a combined party, but ‘rona. I keep a stash of small gifts, so Frankie picked her out a few little things, made a card, and we wrote birthday messages in sidewalk chalk. 

I hope she felt loved and celebrated. Birthdays are tough right now. Lots of things are. 

Papa came over for some safe social distancing outside and took some pictures. I didn’t get to see him because we had our 2nd Zoom ward council, and then Tim, Bishop, and I “met” to talk ministering. We’re all just trying to figure out the best way to help, encourage, minister to, and be prepared for whatever might be coming next. It was time well spent, even if each meeting got disconnected because we surpassed the free 40 minutes. 

D is nuts. 

But cute. Oh, and hairbrushing is optional during ‘rona. 

Addie made unicorn chip cookies and asked if she could take some to papa. She wrapped it up with a ribbon and it looked really cute. Then she went to write him a note, and came back and asked the girls if they’d write him notes too. And they agreed happily! It was a little bit of a March miracle. They are such sweet girls with big hearts. 

More fun with papa. 

And one more. 

Lots of people have been active on our ward Facebook (and regular fb for that matter) and i showed the girls everyone’s videos and pictures after dinner. Tony did a fun singing time video and had them get silly hats and sing Sunbeam. The girls loved it!

Their primary warm fuzzy jar is almost full, so we all shared pictures of scripture time. These girls always smile like this when we read scriptures! šŸ˜‚

We also did some family history. I’m pretty sure I’ve got a great grandma that’s not right, and I’m going to figure it out! This was my dads baptism book as a baby. How fun! D got a kick out of it and had to send a pic to papa and let him know that she found his name in the back or the book. 

Another day down. We’re all doing pretty well. I’ve noticed emotions come in waves. I’m fine one minute, and then something really silly makes me weepy. A very good thing is that I’m super patient with the girls. We don’t have anywhere to go, so we’re never running late. I’ve not been the most strict housekeeper, so that’s not been an issue. And the Ray home school hasn’t quite kicked into gear yet either. So maybe I’ve not been patient, just lazy? Either way. šŸ¤·‍♀️

No comments: