Monday, March 9, 2020

Final leg

I finished up at the temple and went souvie shopping. I asked several people where to go and no one had great answers. I finally found what i was looking for at Walmart of all places. I got magnets and keychains and hats and a sweatshirt for myself that I love, love, love. Then I picked up some delicious Chinese food and had a lovely, quiet evening at the hotel, soaking up some much needed solo time after a long time away from home. 

I had planned to be on the road by 6am, but I had talked to Laura and she ok’d a later departure. I got up and ran on the treadmill, ate, and headed out. 

I listened to Chasing the Scream, which was fascinating, btw, and enjoyed the rural Canadian countryside. 

The Cardston temple was the cherry on top of my Canadian temple tour. 

This temple was dedicated in 1923 and was one of the very first built in this dispensation. It’s one of the classics that you see pictures of all growing up. And I finally made it!

It is by far the most unique temple I have ever been to. As we worshiped we walked up, and up, and up until we were at the top little dome. 

I am so grateful I was able to immerse myself in the temple and the covenants I’ve made and the power and peace I feel when I serve. It was exactly what I needed after 3+ weeks of family time, which is amazing, but can also be stressful. 

I grabbed some sub-par Canadian KFC from the tiny little town of Cardston, and headed home. I shopped at a few more convenience stores on my way towards Great Falls and added another magnet to my collection. I also ran out of data on my phone, so I mapped my way home old school, and I did it! 

Going through customs was not my favorite thing, but around 6pm I made it home to my crew and one of my besties.

I just can’t explain how much this trip meant to me. It was tricky to plan and took a lot of people to make happen. I felt bad asking this favor of brand new parents and also my dear friend that had just gotten home from traveling cross country for a wedding, but everyone so generously gave of their time and it was such a perfect birthday gift. I’m such a simple girl and this little international road trip was so super exciting. 







No comments: