Monday, March 23, 2020

Day #8

Our spring weather is gone. It’s rainy and cold again. Makes it easier to avoid playing outside, but definitely added to the dreariness of the pandemic. 

I slept better last night, so thankful. I got up early and got working, without any real focus. With all the crazy I haven’t looked at our checkbook in over a week, so stuff like that. Then I decided to meal plan, and that lead me to check the pantry for all those optimistic shopping trips where I bought stuff like olive tapenade and green curry paste because of course I’ll use it soon! It was all very If you give a mouse a muffin. I’ve got a good plan and already made 2 new recipes and got rid of 3 things. V satisfying. 

We did stuff all day, which made it feel like a long day, but didn’t actually accomplish much. I tutored Ruby and Frankie. We watched Gov. Hogan’s presser and talked about state and federal governments. We did our FaceTime piano lessons, which are tricky, so really I have to sit with them actively engaged the whole time. I cooked. We culled through our books and made a decent pile that we’d like to pass on for others to enjoy. And we finally doodled with Mo Willens. Johnna told delaney to go get the mail, so of course she was super excited! She is D’s primary teacher and had sent a sweet story and word game. D read the story and and said how much she liked it and then said “I love these!” about the word game. She got right to work! In her pj’s because quarantine, mmkay?

Frankie found her first birthday card in the mail. She was so excited! Quarantine birthdays are gonna be hard. A lot is hard. But we are loving every little thing that lifts our spirits! Honestly, the girls are happy and well adjusted. We’re cuddling a lot and doing lots of check ins. We’re talking about feelings and validating disappointments and fears. We’re all doing our best. 

This sweet almost 10-year-old!

Matt and I walked and delivered dinner to my dad. It was nice to get out for some fresh air and get to catch up without littles around. And it was good seeing my dad, if only for a few minutes. 

We are seeing tons of blessings in our lives. I’ve felt a deep sense of calm that I’m so grateful for. Not that I’m not sad or scared - I cried twice before 7:30 this morning - but that I know it’ll be ok. I have a very personal relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ, and I’m grateful to have that foundation already in place. I’m so grateful for my testimony of our prophet and am clinging to his promises right now. The power and peace I gain from my covenants has never been more important.  

No comments: