Thursday, August 13, 2015

Rest day

We rolled up around 9:00 Tuesday evening. The drive was easy and uneventful, and Chris drove the jolly green the whole way! I told Laura I could ride with her for awhile, but I didn't want to make Chris drive the whole thing. But everytime I checked him, he was fine. He and josh really grew closer this trip, which is nice because they didn't necessarily care for each other for awhile there.

We unpacked the food and laundry from the trailer in about 5 minutes. Josh and Chris were very motivated as they had concocted a double $6 movie date night as we rolled into leonardtown. They were so good on our trip, it was totally fine with me that they helped unload (at our house and mc's!) and then headed to see their lady friends 10 minutes later. 

This little wedding attendee received her dress. She definitely felt like a little princess in her little princess dress.
Not-so-identical cousins. One sporting a mini skirt, one a full length formal. Ha! Hoping the 3rd member of the Irish mafia will get the same dress. Cause the only thing cuter than 2 matching cousins, is 3 matching cousins. 
Also waiting for me was my birthday necklace from Alexis and Chris. This had been on my list for a long time, and I am so happy with it! Frankie has thanked me repeatedly for putting her name on the heart. Haha. I had to explain to her that I had nothing to do with which name went where. Then I had to explain to Addie and Delaney (and lex and Chris for that matter) how each charm is special. Lexi's is cute and little, Chris' is the biggest (and like a donut, according to Laney), Addie's is the longest and the only gold one, Frankies is the heart, and Laneys is the only copper one, like a penny. I love it!
I started a load of laundry before I crawled my tired booty into bed Tuesday night, and then finished all of our trip laundry Wednesday morning. Between a dr's appt I tidied and unpacked. Matt had cleaned and had fresh, warm cookies waiting for us, so that was super nice to come home to. The newest server at Okada came to see us on her lunch break. Everyone was happy to see her. (:
We had to run into town that evening. We had several stops to make, and Delaney found ways to amuse herself. (That's the cart seatbelt around her neck)
Little miss also wore undies and stayed dry all day. She's probably been (mostly) #1 potty trained for about a year, but I got so tired of cleaning the #2 out of undies that I gave up. Hoping this time it's for real. Fingers crossed!

We ran our errands, grabbed chicfila for dinner, went to scouts (Matt), activity days (me), work (Alexis), a birthday party (Chris), and nursery playtime (girls). Bedtime for girls, finished packing for mom, helping for dad, and bed by 10:30. 

I've emailed my lists, wrangled 3/4 of my babysitters, set out each day's supplies (school supplies, pool supplies, presents, and more!), laundered, and unpacked, and still left a mess. 

I woke up in the middle of the night (2:20 to be exact) and am now patiently waiting for my flight and the next phase of my August adventure! Girls trip 2015! Phoenix and Rocky Point will never be the same! 

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

I love your necklace!!!!!! Frankie's charm is my fave too, if you aren't surprised. ;)