Friday, August 7, 2015

Onslow beach

Today was our first full beach day. Matt and I started it off with a beach sunrise. Only it was so cloudy that we couldn't actually make out the sun rising. There's always tomorrow.
We walked along the beach, and there she is!
The elusive crab bumper magnet. This is a mini of what I had. #stillmad
This morning was our turn to make breakfast and we ate it at our cabin. I made the chocolate chip pancakes.
 Matt made the sausage. 
The boys ate. 
A little (messy) cabin tour. Master bedroom:
Only bathroom:
And that's all for now. (:

Camp Lejune is, by far, the busiest military base I've ever been on, and I was an army brat. They are nonstop! Helicopters flying around, amphibious vehicles driving from the beach, into the water, out to the ship, and back again. Tanks x-ing.
It is all.the.time. And loud!

We (Laura and I, moms are always last!) finally made it down to the beach around 10:30. High tide was 12:30, and it quickly became apparent that we needed to scoot up. Especially after a big wave came and all Laneys beach toys went with it. 
Move it back!
Speaking of Delaney, she had a late night, and an early morning. Which made for a very temperamental three year old. Around noon, she had just about had enough, so I decided to bring her home so she could have some lunch and a rest. She was on and off again happy. First, on our way back to the cabin, I set her down for 5 seconds, and a crab bit her foot. Not really, but in a 3 year olds mind, that's exactly what happened. Here's a happier moment. 
I showered her, but I did a terrible job getting the sand out of her hair! I told her that and she said, "oh no! You did a great job!" She's so cute, she's been calling everyone "sweetie-pie" lately. Not sure where she got it, but shell love it!
She was eating lunch and being so cute, I decided we needed a picture. Exactly 2.4 seconds after this picture was taken , Laney had toppled off her stool after giving momma a kiss on the cheek. It was all very sad and very dramatic.
Chris came back to the cabin as soon as I'd laid her down, so he stayed with her while she slept, and I headed to the beach! I took Frankie out into the waves and it was so fun. Until we took a tumble through the waves, and I tore up my shin. Beach rash.
Delaney woke up a couple hours later, and we built a sand villa.
She decorated everything so cutely. (:
This big girl is learning to body surf. She was out with the big kids for a big part of the day!
Maggie kept the little girls entertained. She takes turns with each of them, it's very sweet.
Model girl.
The boys played on the skim boards and boogie boards and played past the breakers most of the day. So.fun!
Matt went to go fix his bike, and Laura had to drive him, so I was the lone adult for a couple hours. Lone adult selfie.
Delaney is an on again, off again fan of the water. Most of today was off again, and she just happily played in the sand.
We startled trickling in for the night around 4. Chris actually brought A&D home and showered them. Then about 30 minutes later, Maggie brought F back and showered her. Right about that time, Matt showed up, so he and I floated on down the beach a couple times. I love being out in the water, past the breakers, and riding on top of the waves. It is so relaxing and wonderful to me. The water is perfectly warm too. 

Laura made tacos, I made rice and beans, and a fiesta was had by all. Cookies for dessert, and then Matt and I took a late evening bike ride. We rode all along the beach and then decided to cross the bridge over the intercoastal Atlantic waterway. It was a nice ride and a nice day. 

No comments: