Monday, August 24, 2015

Beach day

The next morning we hit our resort's buffet. As far as foreign buffets go, this one was low on my list. Of three. I only have experience with three, but this one was definitely last. The sun was beating down on the food, which wasn't chilled in any way, (juice, yogurt, milk) which skeeved me out a little bit. I also drank a glass of water, which also skeeved me out, but I drink lots of water. #montezumasrevenge
After breakfast we hit the beach for our massages. On Friday we had spoken to Chencha, and asked if the 3 of us could get massages next to each other. We got a good deal, and whether they were licensed therapists or not, Chencha gave a great massage! It was hot, but being under the umbrella and with the fresh breeze blowing, it was just so heavenly!
It was low tide, and you could definitely see why this beach is called Rocky Point. Those rocks were pretty jagged too, you definitely had to be careful where you walked.
We walked all along the rocks and checked out all the tide pools.
There were tons of hermit crabs all over. 
Friendies of 17 years. We're already planning for our epic 20th anniversary trip. (;
Jackie said we should strike a fun pose, and I had no idea I was the only one doing it. Hatefuls.
After our massages, we relaxed under the shade for awhile. 
Soooo nice.
I had free phone service, so we were able to call the gangs back home.
We asked one of the many, many vendors to take a picture of us. He was hilarious! He was like "sure! Give me a Mexican minute, which is just a little longer than an American minute," among other funny phrases. (:
We ordered a ginormous fruit bowl that we all shared. It had watermelon, coconut, jicama, mango, and cucumber, and it was delicious!
#montezumasrevenge
They gave us the fresh coconut water to drink in a bag.
Dean got a mango con chilè. So yummy!
I had just read the girls the book Caps for Sale, so i had to take a picture of the hat vendors. Jackie and I got cute hats with a cute little bow on it. I also got a bracelet from one of the vendors. (:
We collected shells and swam in the water. Then we hit up the infinity pool. So gorgeous!
For dinner that night, we went to Wrecked at the Reef. We had to take a dirt road off of our resort, which is a little sketchy, but all was well. The restaurant had a band that was actually really good, and it's a totally Americanized place. They are building a reef out there to make Rocky Point a port of call for cruise ships, so this little restaurant will be right there for the ships. We each got a Mexican style shrimp cocktail. I always thought this was how all shrimp cocktails were made, and I'll never forget my shock and dismay when I ordered one in Seattle and it was a boring old white person shrimp cocktail! This is where it's at!
#montezumasrevenge
We ate and enjoyed the ambiance. Then we walked down the beach and I got the girls souvies from a vendor that lights off  fireworks to garner business. That was interesting and scary at first, because we thought it was a gunshot. Haha, white girls worry.
I got Christian a shirt here, and auto got her family's souvies.
And just to show how crazy hot it was. And this was on one of the cooler nights. Most nights were still in the 110's+.
After our yummy dinner we had another pajama night. That's when autumn and i started feeling it. Our tummies were super grumbly and sad. Not horrible, but definitely not right. We still stayed up until the wee hours talking. Girls trips are bomb. 

No comments: