Tuesday, August 25, 2015

1st day of school!

5:45 rolls around way too early! Seminary starts at 6:15 again this year, but thankfully it's just around the corner, so Chris doesn't leave till 6:10. His last first day of high school! Eeeeeee! So crazy to me!
There he goes! Gideon has seen two of my kids through their last first day of high school. Awww, sentimental!
Next up were these hot messes! Miss Frankie-frog always has a pose!
And this sweet 2nd grader! So big! She's all excited for next year because she will have class upstairs. Sometimes I'll see Matt holding Addie, and she's just huge! Where did this giant girl come from?
I always make sure to take pictures of the little ones left at home too. 
This picture and dress felt familiar to me, so I looked back through the blog, and sure enough! Frankie had worn it for the first day of school in 2013 too. Frankie was addicted to her juicy then,  funny we don't even usually have juice in the house now!
Biking to school is so much more fun than getting on the bus! For mom and kids!
We made a new friend and she offered to get a pic of the 4 of us. I really should practice standing more awkwardly though.
Kindergartner and 2nd grader, reporting to school!
And there she goes!
Frankie decided she wanted to order lunch the very first chance she got. Then today, (a week later) Addie decided to order (they order once a week), and Frankie was like "no! I don't want to order ever again! It's gross!" I can't argue with her, but it's funny that she's got this sophisticated palate now.
And then there were two! Just me and my gal.
We forgot the stroller that first day, and on the way to school Delaney kind of whimpered and said "why are you running me?" On the way home I let her walk as slow as her little slow heart desired. (:
We had an appt, and then Ainas came over to play with us, so we had a fun first day. The girls had dressed up, and then Laney laid on the couch and fell asleep. She stayed asleep when I transferred her to the stroller, and didn't wake up till after we had our school girls in hand. She was tired!
The little kindergartner came home sassy! I didn't push it, but I got several eye rolls thrown my way.
And she wanted a picture of her eyeball too.
I didn't get much out of sassafras, but Addie had a great day! Chris' schedule was not what he wanted, so he didn't love it. He wanted to get out at 11:30, but they had him getting out at 2. Now he's getting out at 1:10, which is a little better, though not what he wanted. He'll survive. (: and another 1st day of school goes down in the books!

No comments: