Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Birthday

On Friday I turned 37. Like any good woman in her mid-to-late thirties, I haven't been too clear on my age all year. I actually thought I was 37 all year. Haha, So smart.

Sarah offered to watch the girls so Matt and I could have a date day. Hooray!!! I decided I really wanted to get my school supply shopping done, and go see a movie. Such a mom move, but I've been so stressed about being gone the 11 days before school starts, and coming home one day before, so it's really what I wanted to do. We went to staples, michaels, target, and to the movies and we got d-o-n-e! Yay!

In between school supply shopping, we went to see Pixels. The swanky new theater in California opened on Thursday, so I wanted to go there, but their movies didn't start till 3:30, and that was too late. So we went to our small, icky theater. Which turned out just fine. After all that fun, we headed to pick the girls up, and then straight on to the National Lawn Mower Championship. Brother Gillingwater told me I had to go check them out, and they did not disappoint. 

We got there early and let the girls ride the horses and jump in the bounce house.
The pony rides were lame. They went around a circle twice. Woo hoo.

The bounce house was awesome though, and it was free. Perfect!
Then it was 7:00 and time to head to the races. They were running way behind, so it was all just prelims for awhile. Still fun!
It's the craziest thing. Grown adults riding these lawnmowers they've supped up to be crazy fast!
There are all different classes, like antiques, etc (can't remember). Lexi came around 7:30 and brought me flowers and a sweet card. It was nice to spend time with her on my special day.
We were going to leave at 9, but the girls were still doing well, Matt was loving it, and they hadn't announced the bike winners yet. When we paid for our tickets, they were supposed to give each of the girls a raffle ticket to win a bike. Only they didn't give us any tickets. So when Matt took girls to the bathroom he asked about the tickets, and was able to put their names in. Lucky he did that, because Addie won!!! Around 9:45, they finally announced the winners. Addie's face was priceless! Everyone quickly got up to go claim her prize, it was awesome!
And the best part of it was that Addie totally needed a new bike. Hers was too small for her, Frankies was too small for her, and Delaney didn't have one. It was destiny. (:
She was so happy. Unfortunately, Frankie and Delaney weren't so happy for her. How do you teach kids to be happy for each other? Hmmm. 

We headed home and it was time to open presents. Jackie, autumn, and Matt combined forces to get me a nice new purse and wallet, much needed! Lex and Chris got me a necklace with charms for each of the kids, that I've been eyeing for a long time. Dad sent a northwest US lighthouse map, and an online photography course. And I got all these fun birthday cards. It was a fabulous day for a 37th birthday. 

No comments: