Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Heading home

This morning I got up early to catch the sunrise. It did not disappoint.
There she is! This west coast gal loves seeing the sun rise over the ocean.
And then as she rose, she went right behind a cloud. There she was.
I walked all the way down the beach as far as i could go. The sign says "no trespassing, live fire impact area," so I didn't go any further. Laura says I could have, but I didn't think it'd be a good idea.
They had dozens of these sea turtle protected habitat areas to protect the little sea turtle eggs. 
There was a truck out there and a small group of workers, so I went to go see what they were up to. They were helping these cute little sea turtles out to sea.
They are about 3 days old and just didn't quite make it out of their hole. So they dig down and help them out, then send them out to sea. Such cute little things!
Yesterday at the officers beach I had crabs nipping at my feet. This morning I got a picture of him. Ugly little thing. 
I came home to the girls still asleep, so I got dressed and ready for the day and got my room clean and done. The kids woke up and we cleaned and packed the rest of our stuff. This is where the girls slept all week.
Don't mind the messy beds, we had to go through everything to make sure we got everything out of them. Thankfully, Chris swept up there for me because it was tight quarters!
Checkout time was 10, and we were ready to go by 9:30! Holla! While Laura and I checked out, the kids walked to this park.
It was a cute park with AstroTurf ground. That's the way to go in the desert, I have to say.
Addie spun and spun, so when she got up here she was dizzy. Or Disney if you are one of my littles.
Delaney latched onto Joseph, and he doted on her all day. (:
This chic is so dark and so blond!
Climber girl.
These two were thick as thieves all week.
Since we checked out so early, we decided to head to Fort Macon to play. The kids just adore us taking pictures of them. (;
We went through their cute museum. Such beautiful little pearls. 
All the girls wanted that action.
Our little cannonball atop a pile of cannonballs.
(:
We lost Delaney in the museum, so after that we made everyone take a buddy. Jospeh and Delaney were cute buddies. 
Buddies Frankie and Katie, and Maggie and Addie. Not pictured were Chris and Daniel, though that was a more volatile buddy pairing, with the little buddy trying to get away from the big buddy.
That's Katie and Frankie walking along the top of the fort. 
See?
Addie and Maggie were cracking up cause Addie's dress had just come up and shown her underwear. Sillies.
Trying to stay modest. Addie didn't want to show her Monday undies again. On Tuesday.
Laura even managed to get a smile.
I slyly went and offered to take someone's picture, in exchange for them to take our picture. (:
The kids had fun climbing all over the cannons.
They also freaked me right out by getting close to be edges waaaay to often.
When the girls got dressed, Chris said "denim for days?!"
Laney wouldn't stop for me.
They could have climbed these all day.
Joseph and Laney finally flew the coop.
See?
We walked along the top of the fort to head out.
Laney wanted to check out the little dungeon room, so she bellowed for jospeh and he came up to help her. It's nice to be loved and obeyed. (;
Josh made Chris stop for a pic. And Katie joined for good measure.
As we left we let all the kids flatten a penny.
The fort was fun to walk around. Such history!
And the crazy, choppy ocean behind the crazy ocean lovers.
Peekaboo to buddies Chris and Daniel!
The steps were steep and freaked me out too. #scaredycatmom
So busy texting all the time. (;
After the fort we were all famished. We picked up Wendy's for the kids and went to smithfields for the adults. 

Now Laura is driving me in her quiet new car while Chris, josh, and Joseph drive the jolly green with the little girls. We are 2 hours from home and ready to see our dada!

No comments: