Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Cancelled plans, concerts, and celebrations

Monday night was a long one. The baby of the family got sick and she does not like to throw up. (who does?) she threw up, so we brought her to our room, where, an hour or so later, she threw up again. Then little-miss-loves-her-room asked to go back to her own bed. When we took her, Matt brought the throw up bucket and she wigged out. She was like "no, I don't want that in my room! Get it out of my room!" All in that special 3-yo way. Thankfully she didn't throw up again. 

So we stayed home all day. I probably did laundry, couponed, read books, cooked, I don't remember?

I know that night that Laney was feeling better, and since we had to cancel plans earlier in the day, and because it was a summer bucket list item, we headed to the csm concert, where Laney promptly (and efficiently, I might add) threw a pout. 
Not goldilocks, though! She's almost always good for a smile or two. 
And so is freckle-face. (which I say with so much love and admiration, I could eat her freckles up!)
The girls got frisbees and mini beach balls, and also got to play with the... hawk? Falcon? Osprey?
Matt and I attempted a selfie, but got photobombed. 
So then she hooked us up rightly. 
Matt has no shame and loves to dance in front of the crowd. The girls pretty much love it too. (:
I left the concert a few minutes early, during the bands cover of Hey there, Delilah, to head to my early birthday celebration. I have such awesome friends. Sarah kept asking what I wanted to do for my birthday, and all I could think was that I didn't want to have to decide. So I told Sarah that, and she didn't make me. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ they had a camp theme and we had smores and such delicious snacks. We played a couple camp games, and I got pranked, only I am so trusting πŸ˜‰and didn't realize till almost the end of the night. This is my lovely new screen saver. 
Which I couldn't see until I was able to unwrap my phone from the 8 layers of Saran Wrap they wrapped it in. And the Saran Wrap queen goes down by the blade of her own knife, such poetic justice. 
It was such a fun night that we stayed talking till 3. I'm pretty sure we've stayed later than that before, but that's a pretty late night. Totally worth it. I'm a lucky lady. (:

No comments: