Monday, August 10, 2015

Friday at the beach

We went to the mc's cabin for breakfast burritos on Friday. And this is just to document that the Mexican (his words, not mine) actually put sunscreen on once this summer. It's a miracle!
This is our home for the week. You walk into the front door and into the kitchen, to the right is the living room area with a pullout bed, that's where Christian is sleeping. To the left is a ship ladder that leads to the loft, where the girls are sleeping. That's the big window up top. It's about high enough for Laney to stand up in, but that's all. It's super tiny. Then down the hall to the left is the bathroom, and the one bedroom. It is tight quarters, but it's good for a week. And the price is right, so there.
I had to run to the post office, but the rest of the crew hit the beach.
 This is what I saw when I got there.
Mermaid lagoon, decorated with shells and drip castles.
Matt had to leave on Friday (we love his navy job, we love his navy job, we love his navy job...) so he got in a few last skimboard sessions.
I'm so glad that he's still so active even in his mid-forties. We will never grow old. But for good measure, I have to include a wipeout shot. Cause I'm an awesome wife.
Too soon it was time to say goodbye to daddy. (Ps - baby swim wedgies are the bomb)
So sad he had to leave. The whole thing just didn't work out the way we'd planned, no ones fault, just crappy. But I'd been feeling really sorry for myself for having to fly solo for 5 days at the beach. Beach going is amazing, but SO MUCH WORK. and the thought of doing it all alone was really making me very woe is me. But then it occurred to me how crappy it is for Matt that he doesn't get to stay and play with us. Seriously, it's been weeks that I've been grumpy about him having to leave. Am I selfish, or what? Hopefully someday I'll learn. For now, I'm done being grumpy and just genuinely missing Matt.
Delaney is the slowest person in all the land. She'd gotten sand in her eyes, or something, and was ready to come home for a rest. 
I fed the girls and put them to bed. Then Chris went to go get a redbox and I tidied. Ahhhh, love relaxing after the work is done. (There are not a lot of places to dry towels, so I've had to get creative.)
That evening, the big boys invaded, so I put them to work.
Back to the beach! By this day, Delaney didn't love the water, but was still enjoying playing on the beach.
These three though! Addie and Frankie have discovered that they like "bouncing in the waves," and would stay out for hours. I am enjoying them now, but I get really excited thinking of how fun they'll be as they get bigger and more self sufficient and I'm not as scared of them drowning as they "bounce" with us.
Oh how I love the beach.
Delaney has David pretty much wrapped around her little finger. All the little girls (including Maggie in the little girl category) do. (:
That night we had bbq'd hamburgers and hotdogs, and then smores for good measure. Bucket list - ✔️
We're still working on a more natural smile. This isn't it.
Yummmm.
We love us some smores! Can't believe it's August and the first time we had them all summer!
It was supposed to rain all day on Friday, so I had that in the back of my mind. But then it rained for 30 minutes here, and 30 minutes there. We had bowling on our bucket list, so we suggested that as a rainy day activity, and Laura found that at 9:00pm they had glow bowling. Since all three girls had napped, we were totally game! Bubba was a sweet helper with the littles.
Frankie used the dinosaur pusher once or twice, but then took to rolling her ball sloooowly down the lane.
Laney was hilarious! She'd grab that little 6lb ball and walk it on over to the dinosaur, put it on, push it down, and see how she did. (Spoiler - she beat bubba. 😳)
Addie really got into it. She'd put her fingers just so, aim her ball and throw it, and then wait patiently for her super slow ball to get returned to her.
She loved it and already wants to go back.
Franks had fun too, they all did. (:
Even the boy whose 3-year-old sister beat him. To be fair, she had a Dino roller and bumpers. Just for the record, I got two sprares and a strike. Yahtzee.
Da' bowling crew!
I tried to get a cute shoe shot, but lanes wasn't having it. Baby bowling feet? Fugedaboutit!
Attempting one last shot of the cute shoes, but it was so dark in there that it was tough to get a good pic.
Blinded by the flash!
We came home tired and happy. I was going to stay up and watch a movie with chris, but thankfully josh and Joseph came over, so I was able to make sleepy. Another fun beach day in the bag. And for those keeping track - 2 bucketlist items - ✔️ 

No comments: