Monday, August 10, 2015

Bucket list x 3

On Saturday morning, our little fisherman took us fishing! Bucketlist!

I made the mistake of reading a sign about American alligator sightings, and she was super freaked out.
I had never been fishing, so I was so excited!
Chris cut up some squid and baited the hooks, then in a true un-fisherman style, had to run down and rinse his hands. I don't judge. I wouldn't have touched the squid at all.
He's such a little professional, otherwise.
This one was still freaked, but calming down slowly.
I even got to cast the rod!
Nailed it.
He let each of the kids try their hand.
Reeling it in.
Then he showed us some fancy casting techniques. We were super impressed.
Maggie-moo!
Scaredy pants decided she'd give it a try.
So sweet.
Addie was grossed out and not wanting to do it at all, but she relented.
Love these two. Love my kids helping each other. Super precious.
(:
They ran all around the dock and chased away another fisherman. Oopsie.
We had some excitement when the drawbridge moved. To get down to Onslow beach, you have to cross over the intercoastal waterway (where we went fishing) via a drawbridge.
I've never seen a drawbridge move side to side. It was crazy. And all for this tiny boat! Weird.
Joseph snapped the line (twice) so Chris had to rerig the line.
The girls entertained themselves looking through the tackle box.
Best friends! I love this so much.
The fisherman that we drove away had left some bait in a bucket, and one was a tiny fish, so bubba showed the girls.
Thankfully as the morning wore on, Frankie forgot about the alligators and climbed all over the fence.
Fishing done, we crossed another bucket list item off by making homemade ice cream. I had to make a jello cake for dessert, so while we waited for the cake to bake, we made the ice cream. Then we hit the beach!
Delaney didn't head out with us, she didn't want to. I tried to talk her into it and even resorted to a couple time outs, but nothing doing, she did not want to come. Since bubba was staying home, I left her with him to take a rest. After a couple hours, I traded out with Chris. Then Chris traded out with me when she still didn't want to come. As I walked over the bridge over the dunes (the second time) the beach looked so amazing! Prettiest it's looked all week.
Joseph had collected a bucket full of sand crabs. Or sand roaches, as I like to call them.
Chris had to take the redboxes back, so he took Delaney with him, and she promptly fell asleep. She stayed asleep throughout him dropping them off (he had to get her out and walk), buckling up again, and coming home to lay on the couch. Sweet girl was so tired.
After she woke up, Daniel brought her to the beach. She wouldn't get her suit on, and when she got there she walked around with her purse for a few minutes. then she threw a fit. I was out bouncing in the waves with the other girls, and she stood at the shore (with David) and yelled at me. David tried distracting her, but finally ended up taking her back home. She was acting so weird!

That night we went to a special outdoor showing of Home. It was super crowded, but still fun. And another bucket list item. (:
We headed home and straight to bed. Another tired and happy day at the beach!

No comments: