Monday, August 24, 2015

Olè!

Long time, no blog! I am in serious denial that summer is over, but life just keeps rolling along, so blog I shall.

My flights from Baltimore to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Phoenix were uneventful, thankfully. My first flight only had about 70 people on board. I was in the A group and sat right up front as I recently read an article that that was the safest place to sit. Wouldn't you know, some dude sits in my aisle! Why do I look so nice and approachable? And I am only halfway kidding about that, because the same darn thing happened on my flight home. I kindly told him I was going to switch seats so I could lay down, and lay down I did. I slept the whole first flight, best way to fly!

My second flight was totally packed, but the cutest couple that had been married for 53 years sat next to me and it was an enjoyable flight. As far as flights go. 

Anyhow, Jackie picked me up in hot, hot Phoenix and we hit the outdoor mall. After much debating and shopping around, I exchanged my birthday purse for a cute teal number that I like a lot. We went back to her house, which is so cute and homey, and waited for autumn. When she got there we went to lunch and got all caught up. after our late lunch we walked around some cute boutiques. there are so many stores close to her! It's craziness! Anyway, in one of the boutiques, the workers told us they were holding a drawing in 7 minutes, and you had to be present to win, so we put our names in, and I won! Then I got to have fun spending a $50 gift card. (: nice way to start our girls trip 2015!

After our shopping we went and saw Ricky and the Flash. And then we finished our first night with some girl talk. Perfect first day. 

The next morning we got up and out before 9am. We met up with Paul's 3 buddies, and 1 wife (bless her!) and hit the road south of the border bound!

On the road again!
The whole drive was so pretty to me! I've come to really appreciate all the different landscapes of the world. Not that I'd ever want to be a desert dweller again, but it's definitely pretty to visit.
We stopped for gas in Why, Arizona. Crazy, right? This cute store was called Why Not? And I couldn't answer that, so we got some yummy paletas before we headed back out.
I loved this Arizona flag mural too. (:
And their porch was decorated so nicely. Very cute stop.
Before I knew it, we were in Mexico! They had a brand spanking new Sams club.
Paul and his buddy's had a boys weekend to coincide with our girls weekend. They stayed just a few resorts down the beach from us. At first i thought we didn't need them, but then I was pretty thankful to know they were right in front of us just in case anything went wrong. And I am fascinated by foreign countries, so here's a random supermarket for you. 
We stopped for lunch at a cute taco stand. It.was.stifling. I believe it hit 116 that day.
The lunch crew.
Yummy! It was super tasty. Although this might have been the culprit for the nasty case of montezuma's revenge that hit autumn and I Saturday night. I guess we'll never know.
We got to the resort in Rocky Point (Puerto Peñasco) around 3. Autumn and I checked out the pools. It was gorgeous!
And the condos. The units are sold individually, and then managed by a company to be rented out.
We got into our room and got busy unpacking. Most importantly, we unpacked the snacks.
Autumn and I shared this room. Jackie volunteered to sleep on the Murphy bed in the living room.
Bathroom. And a happy momma.
Entryway. It was decorated very cutely, but not beachy, which I thought was strange.
More food. (:
The condo was really very pretty.
They even had a large washer and dryer.
We got changed and hit the beach! This was right before we made fools of ourselves trying to walk on the hot sand. We started walking, then fast walking, then running like fools because our feet were on fire.
And then the water was SO warm! It was like bath water! I don't like cold water, so even though it was hot outside, I thought it was so nice! Rocky Point is on the Sea of Cortez, so there weren't any waves. There were a ton of pretty shells though, and auto even found a live sand dollar.
We hit the pool after the ocean for awhile, and then took a romantic sunset walk on the beach. We weren't super hungry, so we put jammies on and had a snack and TV night. I love that we all enjoy doing the same simple things. Even though we are each in such different places in our lives, we always pick right back up where we left off and get along so well. 2 days down!

No comments: