Monday, February 1, 2010

Next month...

...we're having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Holla!!!!!!!

She remains nameless. On Saturday Matt and I went over our list'o'names that has sat untouched on the fridge for weeks.

We narrowed it down to six names. Six names that we both like, and more importantly, neither of us hate.

Then yesterday I came up with the bright idea that we should both put those 6 names in the order we like them. So at our pancake breakfast we both hunched over our little list. One name sat in the #2 position on both of our papers. (his #1 was my #5, and my #1 was his #5!)

"So that's the name right?!" I started calling our little bundle by her new #2 spot name.
"You know, I really don't love any of these names," my dear sweet husband then said.

Okay.

Now we've got our six, plus 2 more maybes we came up with later.

PS - Here's what Matt worked on in between our name ranking and debating.

We've got a tribute to Egypt in our driveway.
(that's yellow food coloring to make it look like sand)

The Sphynx.

What a nut!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Are you going to share any of those names with us?

I personally would love a Jessica or a Jennifer. Just sayin'

Oh, and you can do long first names because your last name is so short!

The Ainas said...

Well, maybe you guys will get lucky and once she is born you will know the name... and agree! ;) Or, she will come out with a sign around her neck with the name on it... you never know! ;)

matt and michelle ray said...

Sorry Sara (V.), I just can't share names yet. Too many people feel like they can comment. It's so much easier to do it after the babies born and then people can't say "Oh, I hate that name!", you know?!

And Sarah (A.), wouldn't that be nice! I'm just worried that she'll be born and we still won't have a clue!