Saturday, February 6, 2010

Everybody poops

****Warning****

This posts is all about poop. If you might find this offensive in any way, please take precaution while reading.

This story started on Tuesday. That was the day that Matt and Addie found a half eaten bag of Plum Sweets in the pantry. Addie goes gaga for anything covered in chocolate so of course she was game to eat them, which she did. Probably 1/4 of the bag. Now anyone that has ever eaten Plum Sweets knows that they are not only delicious, but also very helpful if your having bowel issues.

Fast forward to Thursday morning. I checked on Addie at 6:30 at which time I smelled a foul smell coming from her room. It's pretty much unheard of for her to sleep with a dirty diaper, so I wasn't positive the source. And she was still asleep so I let the sleeping baby lie.

Fast forward to 9:30 Thursday morning when she woke up and I discovered that the source was, indeed, her diaper. Slight red bottom, but nothing too terrible.

Then there was the ill fated trip to the commissary where she waited at least an hour for a diaper change. Little more red bottom, but still not too terrible.

Then the ill fated trip to Wal Mart. You guessed it, upon arriving home I found another mess in her diaper. An even redder bottom, to which was applied a healthy dose of rash cream.

There was another dirty diaper mixed in there somewhere late afternoon.

Then I went visiting teaching that evening. When I got home I noticed Addie walking, feet wide apart. I picked her up and she was totally stiff. Poor girl didn't want to let me anywhere near her diaper which was, indeed full.

Her bum was as red as a fire truck. She cried and cried and cried and the rest of the night we let her roam "free." She was happy about that and even asking to go to the potty!

Since we've been snowed in all weekend, we decided to make the best of it and seriously push the potty training that I've been just lightly pushing until now (and also let her bum air out). She's been in undies all weekend and doing good!

She's still working the Plums out of her system so we've still had lots of poo.
But, the good news is that she's pooing on the potty!
She prefers the big potty to her little potty and instead of having us hold her on, she's decided she can hold herself up. When I ask if she's done and she's not, she'll tell me "no," and continue her business until she is done.

Love it!!!

Getting 'er done!!!

Checking her work.

Photobucket

Then she decided she really meant business and kicked off her pajamas all together.
(she was also playing with her hair, that's why it looks like that!)

Photobucket

Such a happy little pooper!

And every time I don't have to change a diaper I am a happy big mama!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That is hilarious!! Way to go, Addie! I love the part about roaming "free". I wish we could all roam free every once in awhile.

The Ainas said...

I love that second picture! :)