Friday, February 5, 2010

Totally random

It started snowing this morning at 10:15, right on schedule!

It snowed last weekend so they canceled church. Then they canceled school on Monday. Tuesday brought a 2 hour late start, and then Wednesday started late too. Thursday was an already scheduled 2 hour early dismissal. And then, even though it hadn't started snowing yet, they canceled school for today too. Of course they don't make the decision until the wee hours of the morning, so we get the call around 5:30 and then usually can't go back to sleep. Pregnancy woes.

Speaking of pregnancy woes, here is my list:
  • pregnancy induced carpal tunnel - I wake up ALL night with numb hands
  • not being able to walk up the stairs carrying Addie without having to stop and catch my breath
  • being out of breath from just rolling over
  • bathroom visits every 20 minutes. Seriously, I go, brush my teeth, go again, put lotion on and put my hair up, go again...
I could go on and on, but I won't. I really am thankful to be able to be a mom. Truly.

Matt got up with Addie this morning so I could sleep in. Then at 9:30 Alexis, Christian, Matt, and Addie brought me pancakes, eggs with ham and cheese, and orange juice in bed. Then they dropped it off and let me eat all by myself and watch my programs. :) It was soooo nice!

The kids have been at friends houses all day. We told them both that tomorrow they can all come over here. Should be fun!

Matt took Addie out for a long walk in the snow. I stayed inside and napped. :) I'm hibernating I guess.

My sweet friends were throwing a baby shower for me and two other ladies at church. Unfortunately it got canceled though. Along with everything else this weekend. School, Matt's Navy weekend, all school activities. I asked Matt when he thought they would cancel church. Will they do it early tomorrow or try to wait a little while?

I'm thankful we're all healthy and safe and with no reason to be out in this weather. And that we have electricity. That's a big blessing in this mess!

And to add to the randomness, a few random shots.

Christian is all the time coming up with creative ways to entertain himself and Addie. Here's one he came up with a few weeks ago and they both loved! He dragged her around the house wrapped in his blanket. I don't even think they had any crashes, which is always the test of a good Christian/Addie activity.

Matt out this morning documenting the beginning of the storm.

Preggy shot, week 34.

Alexis got her split! Not sure who took this pic or why her hands are cut off, but it's still cute. :)


After spending (almost) the whole day inside, Addie had lots of energy. So Matt chased her around the living room. I love, love, love the look of pure joy on her face! She's a happy girl.

No comments: