Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Wee! Wee! Wee!"

That's what I heard coming from Addie's room this morning. I had heard her about 15 minutes before that, just happily playing, so I took that opportunity to finish folding the laundry before I picked her up for the morning. That's when I heard the "Wee!"

I walked in to find this...





Those are her pajamas on the floor. The last few mornings I've come in to find her in only her onesie.
Awesome.

I guess we might be buying her a toddler bed sooner rather than later. We were going to continue going along happily with her crib sleeping until she turned 2 in June. She's never tried to climb out before. Then when she turned 2, we were planning on buying her furniture for her "big girl" room, and then we'd move the baby into her "baby" room. But now that might not work... especially with a neurotic mom that would be checking on her every 2 seconds to make sure she hadn't fallen out of her crib and broken her neck!

And I don't think I exactly made things better by taking pictures of her antics this morning.
Oh well.

The house is quiet and the kids are at school! Just barely though. Their bus got stuck this morning on it's way to come get them. I had been watching from the window and had noticed it was 15-20 minutes late, but then I didn't see the kids anymore and figured I had just been distracted when the bus came. But no, it never did come. Finally a mom offered to give Christian a ride (which made me feel like mother of the year!) so he texted me to see if that was okay. Then I called Lex to find out that she was waiting at another friends house for another school bus, which was on it's way.
I guess that's why they had a 2-hour delay. :)

Even though it's only been a few hours, it feels so good to be getting back to normal.
We can go places again.
The kids are getting back into the school routine.
I've even had energy and been jumping on my to-do list that kept expanding over "the break."

The snow has been pretty. But I'm glad it's going away.
And that we're not getting anymore this year.
Because we're not.
I don't care what anyone says.
No. More. Snow.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

HAHAHAHA haha I love that. No. More. Snow. AMEN SISTA!!!!! ;)