Friday, November 4, 2022

Ferries for days

Sitting at Peggy’s Cove I came up with an idea and decided to splurge. I mean really the fanciest meal I ate all week was my Peggy’s dog, so I was due. Instead of driving 10 hours to Boston, I decided to take another ferry from Yarmouth to Bar Harbor. 
To catch the ferry I woke up at 4:30 and drove 3 hours south to Yarmouth. 

I showed them my passport, waited a few minutes, and drove right onto that huge CAT ferry. 

The ferry takes just 3.5 hours to go from Nova Scotia to Maine. So even though my total travel time ended up longer, I had a good 4-5 hours to be out of the car and enjoying my cruise. 



It was so foggy driving down to Yarmouth that I worried the trip might be cancelled. I’m amazed pilots and captains can learn to trust their instruments to get them through fog like this. 

I had to drive south to catch the ferry, but it felt better to me than driving north and back into New Brunswick. 

I walked all around the top deck taking in all the views. The wake we left as we took off was amazingly powerful. 

I took a lot of foggy pictures, but I’ll just share a few here. 



Could it be another lighthouse? Cape Forchu Light out in the fog. 

It was cold and wet up top, but I stayed out until my hands and face hurt. It was so peaceful, minus the numb hands and face. 

I took a nap, went shopping, and ate lunch the rest of the cruise. And before I knew it we were pulling into Maine. And look at that, it’s the Winter Harbor Lighthouse. 

And the Egg Rock Light.

The drive from the Bar Harbor Ferry to the Boston Temple was 4 and a half hours and super easy. I forgot that I gained an hour coming back into the US, so I made it to the temple early and got in an hour earlier. 

So then since I’d been sitting most of the day, I went for a walk all around the temple grounds. 





That is a beautiful temple with beautiful grounds. 

I basically walked in a big circle.  

Then I got brave and took a little dirt path. It was a nice path, obviously made for going between the church building down below and the temple. 

And that was the strangest church building I’d ever seen. 

And then right across from the church in the same parking lot was this pretty house. Maybe the temple presidents home?



And then the sunset!

I felt so blessed and loved. So many perfect and beautiful experiences. 

I was hungry but didn’t find a place to get food, so I ended up buying a hot pocket at the hotel and eating it in my room while I talked to Matt. I missed him (and the girls) and was ready to come home. 


No comments: