Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Days of our lives

The youth had a hike to the temple saturday and we were able to make plans around that. We dropped the girls off at a park for their walk and headed to the temple with these 2 cute 10-year-olds. Matt was able to worship in the temple at 11 and the girls and I found a nice bench to picnic on. 

We hung out in the Visitor Center and then when Sarah went into the temple we walked Ezra around outside and made a few laps. When the girls got tired I let them hang out at the fountain and walked Ezra around until he fell asleep. He was a perfect angel, never made a peep. 

Our cute Pax youth. They are an amazing group of kids. 

The youth watched a video at the VC, and then at 1 when they and Matt were done, we headed to Six Flags for the last day of the season. I have no idea why they’re not doing Holiday in the Park this year, but I’m pretty annoyed by it. Anyway, this is the one picture I took. Delaney and Ellie decided to switch shoes to make Ellie just a tiny bit taller so she could ride whatever ride she wanted. 😂 And then I forgot to get my phone out again. 

We had a lovely day. It was beautiful and warm and everyone got along and had fun. Adi started to not feel well, and then Delaney rode Harley Quinn as her last ride and then she didn’t feel well either. It was a much quieter ride home.  

On Veterans Day Matt and my dad made the rounds. First, free brekkie at Wendy’s. 

Then a free donut. 

They picked up their free haircut coupons and swung by Target for a special Veterans Day discount - Matt bought razor blades. 

Sheetz for a sub sandwich. 

Then Applebees for lunch. They took all their other goodies to go, so they were pretty hungry by this point. 

After lunch they picked up their free bbq sandwiches from Mission. 

Then a coupon for a free meal from Texas Roadhouse. They did a good job and got a nice little haul. We love our veterans!

Later that evening Matt took Delaney on a date to Red Robin for a free burger, and then Harris Teeter where I got an extra $10 coupon and then an extra 11% discount. I was most stoked about my Harris Teeter haul. 

On Wednesday Frankie got selected to play kickball against the teachers. I had to reschedule her orthodontist appt, but when you get chosen to play kickball, you gotta play. 🤷‍♀️ 

In dental tales, Delaney has had a bad attitude about all the appointments, all the exercises, all the appliances and dental fixtures. Ms. Claudia had a stern talk with her last week. We’ve seen Claudia several times a month for the last year, so we’re fairly tight. Anyways, Claudia worked on her and told her how she knew Delaney could handle it and made her agree to try harder next month and that she would give her a Sweet Frog gift card if she did. And she did! It seems like she’s turned a corner and is being more mature with her dental duties, school, and bedroom. She got her gift card and I took her to use it immediately. Love this goof. 

Matt and I voted. I actually mailed in my ballot, and they included an I voted sticker which I thought was super sweet. I spent my time and did as much research as I could. I talked to friends about how they were voting and made what I felt were the best choices. 

Alecia hosted a super fun Election Day brunch. She had such a good turnout and I was gonna make some rounds and take pictures, and then I got distracted. I’m seeing a theme with dumb shoe pictures being my only shot. 🤷‍♀️😂

Papa is packing packing to move. He brought Delaney over an old chess set and she was so excited. 

We went to church and the young women sang Trust in the Lord and did such a beautiful job. I had a mission meeting and then we had shepherds pie for dinner. 

Monday was MakerSpace and piano and then we had the sister missionaries for lasagna dinner. They are such cute girls. 

Today I had a list of to do’s and I got them to done. It turned from autumn to winter this morning and we had our first frost? Maybe? We had Alecia’s delicious chicken taquitos for dinner and a cookie cake for dessert. I haven’t made one of those for years, then we had family night. We’re plugging our way through the new For the Strength of Youth pamphlet and it is so good!

No comments: