Saturday, November 5, 2022

And home!

I didn’t sleep well at all that night. I was too excited to come home. But first, the Hartford Temple. 

I got to the temple nice and early. It was just a 2 and a half hour drive from Boston. 

I played with my hair and walked around stretching and enjoying being out of the car and not sitting. 

I got all my pictures taken first so I could bust the move after. 

Another temple president’s home?

My session was at 10 and it was a busy day at the temple. 

I can’t quite put into words how social this trip was for me. Front loaded with driving and Anne and lighthouses, then slowing down at the end with temples and ferries and the whole time such peace. It was chock full of my very favorite things and I got to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. It felt indulgent, but also needful. A solo trip is not something I’d like to do every year, but I really did love it. I came away stronger and with a better resolve. 

This is really a beautiful new temple!

After that it was 2 hours to Amy’s house where hugs and love were shared all around. 

We ate lunch and got right on the road. 

And just like that it was my turn to head Cousin Camp Week. And oh what a week! It was a good thing I was all rested up and happy. 

Oh, New York…

We got home around 8 and the next day was the temple dedication. It was such a wonderful trip, and also there’s nothing like coming home. ♥️

No comments: