Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Oh hey

I kissed Maud goodbye just before 7. I loved seeing so many places that inspired some of my very most favorite books. Then it was off to North Rustico where I was surprised to find really cute souvenirs in the ugly yellow Seagulls Nest Gift Shop you can see in the right corner. I had about lost faith in PEI souvies! And this fun lighthouse restaurant, Oh hey!

And then of course the North Rustico Lighthouse, light flashing. ♥️

It was kind of a junky little corner of PEI, so I was double surprised to find a treasure trove of fun gifts. 

Headed east and I came upon this fun house built to look like a lighthouse. There were some girls out playing, but when I stopped they went inside. 😞 

So wild, right?!

Then I drove the prettiest stretch of beach through Prince Edward Island National Park to find the Covehead Harbor Lighthouse. 

There was someone with real camera gear taking pictures, so I made sure to stay out of his way. 

This Brackley Beach is one of the top beaches on PEI, it was really beautiful. 



Another beautiful seaside drive and I got to see St. Peter’s Harbour Lighthouse in the distance.  

There was a muddy road out to it and the sun was setting, so I called this good. 

My first Canadian fill up, and I have to say that gas is expensive everywhere. 

My Tuesday route. I am an amazing map drawer. 🤗

I drove an hour back to my mini cabin and in spite of the wind and rain, I call that a fabulous day. 12 more lights and so much Maud and Anne. Just about perfect. 💚💚💚

No comments: