Wednesday, November 2, 2022

East Coast represents

I had initially planned just 3 nights on PEI, but then I really wanted to see the Anne of Green Gables musical, and my mini cabin was so inexpensive that I decided to stay another night. Unfortunately someone had booked the cabin I was staying in, so I had to pack up Wednesday morning and remake my bed that night, but it was fine. 

My first stop was the grocery store for some edible Anne souvenirs. I bought Raspberry Cordial and Chocolate Covered Potato Chips - a PEI delicacy and surprisingly pretty tasty. I bought some Cow’s hot chocolate that the girls loved, ketchup potato chips that we all hated, and a variety of Canadian candy bars for sampling. I 💚 food. 

I also visited the restroom and the grocery store and loved their trash can in the ladies restroom. 

The sun had finally come out and it was an absolutely beautiful day! And Shipwreck Point Lighthouse! I die!

I loved how all the lights were on these beautiful red clay bluffs overlooking the gulf. 

Her door might not be anything to write home about, but I loved her. 

THE SUN!

I love the ocean. And gulfs and straits and bays. 

Next up was East Point Lighthouse. 

And my second to climb in Canada. 

The stairs kind of leaned in towards the center in a disorienting kind of way. 

Oddly I was the only one there. 😂🤷‍♀️

To get to the top I got to climb the ship ladder. I’ll never forget doing this with a baby bug strapped to my chest in a bjorn. That was fun. 😂

Little bit of gulf. 

You can see the point in “East Point” out to the right. 

And their mini light. 

I think I was excited about the stairs since this was only the second one I’d been able to climb after seeing so many. 

I love this pretty wall too. I just loved being inside. 

I found some more fun souvenirs in their gift shop. The East Coast really renewed my faith in PEI’s tourist chotchkies. And an aerial shot of how cool East Point is. 
I left the lighthouse and drove to Basin Head Provincial Park, home of “The Singing Sand,” and with over 9 miles of white sandy beaches, it’s one of Prince Edward Islands best beaches. I could have stayed there allllll day!

I really only meant to get my feet wet, but I was loving treasure hunting. I found some sea glass, some shells, and of course brought home a bag of their special sand. I was so sad to have to leave, but I was on a tight schedule. 

Continuing my south easterly trek, next up was the Souris East Lighthouse. The maple leaf! ♥️

Wednesday was the day the NY Cousin Camp grew got to be full time fancy in the city to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway. They loved it!

Back to PEI, Souris beaches are known for their abundance of sea glass, so I was excited to go hunting!

But first, Lighthouse climbing!

Being brave and not clinging to the rail. 







Mini door to climb in and out of. 

And then, sea glass! This was another spot I could have stayed all day. There was so much sea glass! Mostly small pieces, but still so amazing. 

I followed a Canadian crab as he scuttled along. 

I stayed almost an hour before I dragged myself away. I checked out their beach restaurants and decided to treat myself to a bargain priced PEI Lobster Roll Platter.

I paid $45 for just the lobster roll in Maine, so this was amazingly inexpensive. And I decided I don’t really love lobster rolls. Tried it twice, and I’m good. 

30 minutes down the road to the Annandale Range Rear Light. 

And Front Light, hidden back there in the trees. 

I parked and walked out onto a pier to try to get a good shot, and I thought this was as good as it gets. 

But then! Little side street quick snap!

From there I drove another little ways for a better shot of the Rear Light. 



I absolutely love what the lighthouse owners did here. The Light is still private, but they built a little viewing and picture taking platform and put up a sign asking for respect as they work to see if opening the light might be feasible. Oh if every lighthouse owner was this generous!

I tried hard to find the Cardigan River Light, but that beach had been cleanly combed and recently. Where’s the lighthouse?

In New York it was time for the show!

They are so lucky! I’ve never seen a Broadway show!

Another 40 minutes to the Georgetown Range Lights - the Front, which appears to be a house in a neighborhood now. 

And the Rear, which also is maybe a house?

But definitely in a neighborhood. 



No comments: