Sunday, November 6, 2022

Family night Saturday night

Currently. 

Matt worked today and we didn’t have any plans. So I made a list and we got done about half of it. We cleaned bedrooms, did laundry, cleaned the basement, got lunch at McDonald’s (treat for all that cleaning), went to Johnna’s Open House, had leftovers for dinner, and finally, after pushing back all week, had Home Evening. 

We’re studying the new For the Strength of the Youth each week, and I am loving the changes. Tonight we talked about the gift of repentance and that it is just that, a gift to be used. It’s so good. 

Delaney had the treat, so she and I teamed up (I had the activity) and we put together the Haunted Gingerbread Houses I found on clearance after Halloween. $6? Yes please. 

The girls wanted to divide girls against parents, which made my night super easy. And then everyone got along! The girls decorated and then put the house together, while Matt and I put the house together then decorated. I gotta say as I was struggling to spread frosting on my doors I was thinking they might have had the right idea. 

Their house was pretty unstable, probably because they didn’t use enough frosting to hold everything in place. 

If you watch their roof, like Frankie’s doing, you’ll see it’s going, going,

gone. 

They weren’t phased at all and dug in right away. And in the back you can see the Dracula radio program Matt found for us to listen to as we worked. 🤷‍♀️

Our cute little house. Things only got tense once or twice when we had different ideas about putting walls together, but it was fun. 

Family night love. 

After the girls went to bed (at 10!), Matt and I started watching Clue. We watched that a lot when I was growing up and I haven’t seen it in years so it’s been fun. 

No comments: