Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Records

Laney have the fhe lesson last night about the importance of keeping family records like Nephi. She hid some of our blog books around the family room and gave them clues to find them, like the angel Moroni. Then we ready some funny passages and looked at adorable pictures. I’m so glad I took the time to record those memories, because otherwise they’d be long forgotten. So we all committed to writing in our journals/blogging every day for a week. 

Precious boy is sick. He’s been throwing up and sleepy. Being mimi from 2000 miles away is hard. 

Crocheting is all the rage with the 4th graders and Frankie wants in on that action. I googled a tutorial and pretty quickly was able to get going with one chain. Then I worked on it all evening while I waited for the girls at yw. Carolee helped me start my second chain, but it wasn’t pretty. 

We had the elders over for dinner last night and I made some of Rosa Lina’s delicious Dominican salads. She doesn’t measure anything, and this wasn’t really even close to what she served, but I tried. 

other family news is boring. We are all plugging away with work and learning and serving. 

How about some Christmas catch up. We kept Christmas fairly small this year. I am still trying hard to minimize the stuff and focus on the experiences. 

We all had fun giving our gifts and watching the recipient open them. 

It was nice having Chris and Brenna and dad over too. 

This silly LOL doll was a last minute addition with grandpa Ray money and I’m glad I went for it because it was her very fav. 

Delaney’s too. 

And actually, the sweater I got Addie with grandpa Ray money was her fav as well. Go figure. 

Dad got a nice calendar from joe and Sara and crew. 

After present opening, dad, Chris, Meaghan, Addie, Matt, and i played a mashup of taboo and that game where you use a mouth guard to say weird words. Addie had picked it for him and it was a fun spin on an old fav. Dad took us to see Spies in Disguise as part of our gift. It was fun and cute, and broke up our day nicely. I’d give Christmas 2019 2 big thumbs up. 

 

No comments: