Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy new year 2020

We had a fabulous New Year’s Eve party at church this year. The relief Society was in charge, and we were super excited. And then, as December does, small things became big things and we got busier than we’d hoped. Then Chelsea and Sarah were planning to be out of town, so that left Carolee and I in charge. I generally enjoy throwing a party, but Christmas is exhausting. I wish it wasn’t but have yet to find the way for it not to be, and the church is challenging to make look nice. 

Initially just Carolee and I, along with our crews were going to set up, but Heavenly Father loves me and reminded me that I should ask for help, even though I honestly am fatigued from asking for volunteers at this time of year. I know people want to help, we’re just so busy and all trying to figure out a balance. Anyway, I prayed about who to ask, and the perfect 2 ladies popped into my head. 

Cherissa, Jess, and the elders cane to help us starting at 1. I had some decorating ideas, but Jess and Cherissa really hit a home run filling out the gaps in my decorating talent. 

The girls went to town on the time capsule, and I think, when you have to/get to help at the church for 3.5 hours before the event gets going, you get to fill up a time capsule. 

I had made a tiara/crown display but it was severely lacking. We put our brains together and then Cherissa set up this table and it looked so good!

Then she and Sean went to work on the backdrop. They were amazing! I’m so grateful for Cherissa. She means so much to me in so many ways. 

It looked so pretty!

Time capsule tables were set up until around 8:30 when they switched to game playing tables. 

Sean’s so great. He’s gonna do big things. 

Taaa-daaaa! A lot of work, but we were so excited to celebrate with our ward family! 

Carolee and I wanted to send a pic to the other half of our presidency, so we grabbed delaney and took this beaut. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I look drunk as a skunk and d-money cut out the 2020. So we settled for this. 

Her mother’s daughter, Franks grabbed a plate and sat quietly and ate it by herself. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I couldn’t find D for awhile so I went looking. I happened to peek in the mother’s room, and here they were, just chatting away. So silly. 

She’s a mess, but I love her. 

Karaoke went on forever. We had originally planned for a lip sync battle, but Christmas got the better of everyone and by Sunday we only had 3 signups and one song ready, so we cancelled it. That left us scrambling for karaoke, which Steve and I figured out after the party started. Since it was all fairly thrown together, I grabbed Matt to MC, and that was his job for hours. To be fair, I told him he could end it at any time, but the kids were loving it! I couldn’t believe when D and crew got up and belted our their descendents songs. 

Frankie got in on that action too. 

And then Alecia made us go sing RESPECT. Thankfully Johnna and Noreen took the lead. Also thankfully, this is the only picture I’ve seen of the “performance.”

Johnna’s grands and our girls have a fun relationship!

I had such a fun night. We visited and “enjoyed” karaoke til around 11, and then Cody beat us at Ticket to Ride. We finished with just enough time for the real countdown and our second Martinelli’s toast. And no one seemed offended by our sparkly gold champagne Martinelli’s glasses. 

The kids off and on had run through the entire church, but we all pitched in before midnight, so after the countdown, we all helped clean the cultural hall and we were out of there by 12:40. Totally worth it!

No comments: