Sunday, January 26, 2020

Girls trip

I was heading to tutoring on Monday, only to find that the jolly green giant wouldn’t start. It’s been 12 years and that’s never happened, so it was quite surprising. Matt tinkered with it and figured it was probably the starter which is buried so far into the engine compartment that he didn’t want to mess with it. So on Wednesday morning my big girl got a ride on a tow truck. I’m in a feeling phase and it was weirdly emotional. After some spends repairs, I’m happy to say she is back to normal. 

Delaney came sauntering up after horseback with one of their barn cats. 

She loves animals so much. 

Thursday morning dawned bright and early as we headed out for our girls trip to Orlando!

We flew Spirit, which wasn’t bad at all if you know what to expect. We easily fit all of our things into a backpack and ate before we left since we knew they don’t serve any drinks or snacks. A quick 2.5 hour flight, and we landed in rainy Orlando. First stop - Chili’s, because we don’t have one here and it’s easy. 

Kori moved last year, and so graciously offered her home and services. She has a membership to SeaWorld, so we spent the rainy afternoon there in a very empty park. 

You can’t really tell, but the cute little penguins are behind us here. 

We walked all around the park, saw a dolphin and killer whale show, and just had a lovely time. 

Sarah, Alecia, and Kori rose the tallest and fastest coaster in Florida, and I said nope. I used to push myself to do things like that, but in my old age I just don’t feel the need. We walked through Sesame Street and ride their kid coaster and that was much more my style. I wish I liked crazy roller coasters, but I just don’t, and that’s ok. (Pep talking myself)

Cute topiary ice cream. We had the best photogs this trip! Our first shot with this was normal, and then he said we had to hug it, sooooo...

Even fake lighthouses are adorable. 

Meanwhile in Maryland, Frankie performed in her winter concert. I was sad to miss it, but I got pictures and videos, so it was ok. 

We went back to Kori’s house and watched HP works videos in preparation for our fun day at HP world. I was so tired, and it was like 9:00. 🤷‍♀️ And that wraps up girls trip day #1. 


No comments: