Monday, January 20, 2020

A Seussified Christmas Carol

Matt, Addie, and Frankie tried out for the Newtown Players Seussified Christmas Carol. They had so many little girls try out, that frabkie didn’t make it. This time. She was a total good sport about it and never said a thing about it being unfair. She’s so sweet. 

The play was a lot of work and after a few weeks,  I started to get a little grumbly. 

But they were having so much fun, and I’m so grateful they were able to participate, that it wasn’t hard to readjust and change my expectations.

Basically, I had no expectations. I let go of all December “have to’s” and just enjoyed time with the little girls. 

Sometimes I won’t do things because I want to wait for all 3 girls to be together, but I let that go too. 

The cast all got along so well, and they were really fun. I volunteered a few times, for rehearsals, and then for one show, and everyone was so great. 

I wasn’t sure how many shows we should even go to. But we made our best guess and got tickets for all 3 Saturday matinees. Those, plus the ones we volunteered for, made it so that we got to see the show quite a bit, and I loved each time. 

Addie was ready to sign up for another show right away, but we all needed a break after Seussified. 

I’m so glad Addie’s first theatrical experience was such a good one!



No comments: