Sunday, September 11, 2016

Weekend

Matt worked navy make-up Thursday and his cws Friday, then again all weekend. Lots of days with no daddy, we are glad he is home.

We got up on Saturday and made rice crispy treats and put on our matching skirts from Ghana.
When grandpa brought these from Africa the girls were swimming in them. Now they fit perfectly and they looked so sharp!
Now all three of these girls have been baptized. It's been a big year for them!
That afternoon was Abby's birthday party at the shoeny's pool. It was fun.
I didn't get in the water because a. I'm a wet pool blanket (ocean all day, pool, not so much) and b. we had a dinner to go to that night.
They swam, slipped and slided, and ate pizza and turtle cupcakes.
And between the baptism and the party I spent another hour on the phone with Verizon. My final credit tally (even though they tried to take away the first credit they gave me) was $179. Rotten, dirty sucks. The sad part is that I'm quite certain metrocast, or any other company for that matter, wouldn't be any better. It's a sad state of affairs.
That night was a couples dinner for Tracie and mike's birthday. We went to Silver Skewers in Waldorf and it was sooo good. There were just enough people there that we could all talk, and the service and food were so excellent.
I got a rib eye that melted in my mouth. Seriously delish.
I rode up with Lisa and Richard, and Laura and David, and then met Matt there as he came straight from work. Then we rode home together. Happy times. (:

Today is September 11. Solemn day as we remember. We watched a documentary on the smithsonian and all the 9/11 items that had been donated and the stories behind them. This morning I showed the girls some of the news stories from that day. Frank's and lanes said "oh that's sad," and then were done. Addie has thought about it all day. It was unbelievable, it still is. I hope we as a country never go through something like that again. We'll never forget. 

No comments: