Friday, September 2, 2016

September stuff

Delaney's long hair is pretty ratty most mornings. She's taken to brushing her own hair and she can be very sullen about it.
Fancy shades and all is well.
The next day this little cutie and I walked home from school. Addie and Frankie usually bike on ahead, but since our fun bike is in the shop, we've been walking.
Wednesday after school we went to the pool. Things have taken a turn cooler and after about an hour they were all but done. 
After a couple snack breaks the littles girls didn't want to go back in.
This little mermaid was all in though.
After showers we came home and had a proper dinner. After the girls pulled the garbage can up. They need some chores in their lives!
Bubba got home from his day working the dental office and played snap chat with the girls. The giggles and squeals get me every time. 
Hahahaha. Delaney loves these jams from quinnie, but they're the smallest size 4's ever. But she loves them and wears them every chance she gets.
Sleeping kids are the bomb.
Thursday was a bummer day. It was supposed to be my free day while Alecia  watched Delaney. It was the first completely clear day I've had and I had been looking forward to it for a week. And then, as Addie and I were on page 2 of Anne of Green Gables, Addie turned green and threw up. And all my plans were gone. Free day was over before it even started. 

I tried really hard not to be resentful, but I crave quiet, alone time and it was so sad to have it so close and then be gone. It was a bit of a rough day. so to blow off steam I sent out a walking sos, and Jodie, Darlaina, and I went walking that night. 

We had a great walk until the mosquito exterminating truck came barreling down the street. We bolted through Chris Mitchell's yard to get away from it. Then we spent the rest of the walk trying to avoid him as he zig zagged through the streets of LG with no rhyme or reason. It was so random and so strange that we finally speed walked through the poison mist to Jodie's house and she drove us home. Three crazy momma's running around the grant avoiding the mosquito truck, what a sight. 

This came up on my time hop. 2 years ago I was getting ready to take my biggest girl off to her first year of college. Lisa and I were soaking in every moment we could with them, so when they asked if we could take them to a movie in Waldorf in an hour we said lets go! That was a good night. Throw on some pants and out the door, we laughed the whole way.
This morning Chris and lanes and I sat down to breakfast. I love these special moments.
Sarah offered to watch lanes for me while I did a visit out her way, and she was so excited. From there we headed to school. This little nerd loves pre-k! She has so much fun every day and tells me all about it, it's the best!
She had said she was nervous to go to the principals office. I don't know where she even heard about that, but while we were at the school today before she headed to her class, Mrs. Ramsey came and asked D how school was going. She was super shy, so I told her that Delaney had been nervous to go to her office. She's so great with kids that she grabbed Delaney's hand and took her to show her that her office isn't scary. D came back with a sticker that said "my principal thinks I'm great!" Needless to say, Delaney is no longer nervous to go to the principals office. 
And she takes awesome pictures. Score!

No comments: