Friday, September 2, 2016

Celebration

Tuesday night we went out to celebrate our August birthdays. I was all prepared to drive the jolly green, Matt and I had even cleaned it the night before because after our Vegas trip it looked like a chip factory exploded in it. But then Jodie offered to drive her pretty new car and since I hate being the driver I was thrilled to let her. Alecia, Sarah, and I squeezed into the back. We were wedged so tight, we weren't going anywhere.
Party animals ready for a drive to the big city of Waldorf.
We went to cafe rio to meet up with Leisa. It was so good to see her again! We chose cafe rio so we could stay till closing time and not feel bad for our poor server. It was perfect.
They closed at 9, but we weren't ready to go, so we moved the party to the parking lot. We had talked about playing Heads Up, so we played a few rounds. We are so fun, and not at all strange.
Love these ladies and love that we can be so silly and have fun and also talk about serious things. It was a fabulous evening.
And my fabulous hubby held down the fort at home, including hosting the elders for dinner because when I planned the girls night I had forgotten about having the missionaries for dinner. He made them Spanish tortillas which was different and fun for them. Addie and I had made an apple cobbler from the apples from Saturday's ill fated apple picking, and Matt said it was a good evening. 

No comments: