Thursday, September 8, 2016

Kanye

We are working our way into a routine. Of course, after school activities start next week and then all bets are off. And Addie is starting the teen photo dodge early.
I try to keep my after school time clear to spend time with the school-goers.
The silly, silly school-goers.
We've been doing something together as soon as they get home. A game, puzzle, craft, just something together for a few minutes where we can talk and they can unwind.
This little chic still loves pre-k. Don't even think about calling it preschool though, because it is pre-k, thankyouverymuch.
She's a hard working lady. I'm dying to hear how she's doing at parent teacher conferences in a few weeks.
Chris was off on Wednesday and wanted to hang out. Awesome! I had two appointments in the morning, so he helped get Laney to school, and then we took our new 'yaks out. Thank you, dad!
I loved this mile marker in the middle of the bay. I'm thinking this marks the end of Macintosh Run, but we'll need to 'yak it to find out.
It was so fun being out there with my Bubba. We only had 2 hours total, so we didn't go far, but it was great.
Bubba with the waterproof phone took lots of pictures. I was too scared to get mine out.
Love this guy!
Last night Matt took franks to church with him and Chris watched ads and lanes so I could go to our PTA general membership meeting. It was so good! I presented the budget and it was approved. Our new board this year is fabulous. I really like the new vp's we have. And Mrs. Ramsey is such a great principal, she is supportive and a great leader. I am excited that our difficult first year is behind us and things are on the up and up! 'Twas a great meeting!

Chris and brenna decided to go to salsas, and they decided to take Laney with them. At first he'd texted me to see if he could drop her off with me. His text came through "can i drop Kanye off with with you?" Hahahahaha, I love autocorrect. And this little nerd alert.
Today I finally got my kid free day. I'm cleaning up and cleaning out and spent all day in the basement. I've got lots of stuff to get rid of and the basement looks great, so it was a good day! 

Chris went deep sea fishing with the crabknocker crew and brought home some mackerel and another fish I can't remember.
He had fun, and we're grilling up fresh fish tomorrow!
Today after school we did perler beads.
And I even ironed them together for them, which I don't always do.
And they got chores done, homemade dinner (just Mac and cheese, but it was made from scratch), homework, and books. The only thing we missed was piano, and since we haven't technically started yet, I don't feel too bad.
Tonight lexi and Cade are driving to Oregon to meet all of his family. They have a list of things they want to do together before they seriously think about marriage, and taking a road trip is one of them.
She wants him to come in October, so we shall see!

No comments: