Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Today

Today started nice and early at 5:45. I miss the long summer days of waking up with the sun already risen. We made chocolate chip pancakes and sent Addie-cakes off to school. 

Rosie came over and we played at the park. We took our scooter, but Rosie quickly ditched it, so little lanes decided to take a stab at it. 
It didn't go well. And, mom and dad, you'll be glad to know that I've got one (really more than one) as stubborn as me. 
Addie and I went to her 1st daisy meeting of this year. She totally didn't want to go. now she doesn't like daisies?! Hoping she gets glad in those pants! I think I somehow volunteered to be one of 4 cookie moms. Not sure how that happened as I did say I wasn't allowed to volunteer for anything else. :/

When we got home, Chris was still asleep, so we ended up being late for activity days/court of honor. Super bummed I wasn't able to go to said coh. Chris got several seabase awards, 2 merit badges, and led a skit. 

A days went well. We talked about the Good Samaritan and made goals to docsome random acts of kindness. Hoping that service stays in the forefront of their/our minds throughout these next few weeks. 

No comments: