Saturday, August 23, 2014

Exciting!

So. Lexi has had a pretty good summer, imo. She nannied all summer and handed every check over to me. She paid for the car accident and then we saved the rest. Without complaint, ya'll. that's unheard of in these parts, so it was pretty amazing. When she's not nannying or seating people at salsa's she can often be found watching netflix tv shows on our couch and twiddling her hair. (my fav!)
Anyhow, I knew she was going to take classes this fall, but she was resisting. She thought about continuing to be nanny lex, but it wouldn't have been worth it. Then she applied for a full time job on base, so we were waiting to see if she should take day or evening classes. I mentioned to Jodi that we would be registering soon and she told me about byu's weird rule about not taking classes before you start with them because then you're considered a "transfer student." We called byu to confirm and just like that, CSM was out. So then we decided to go for online byu classes. Only, she couldn't register because she's not a student there until January. so we called them back to see how we could register. A couple more phone calls and we got transferred to admissions. That lady said that Alexis could take online classes, or she could come to the actual school!!! Lexi was like "oh, I didn't know that was an option." The employee said that yes, enrollment was down and they now had room. !!!!
*found this diddy on my phone. Niiiice. 
So. Lexi was shocked and got off the phone with the nice lady that said she could come to school next month without asking any questions. She said "you have a nice day too, bye," without asking anything about this magical override that we were told could never happen. So we waited to see if we would hear anything, and then called the next day (Thursday). We told them the situation and they said "yup, you're clear to register." !!!! So we spent the whole day registering for classes, finding an apartment, and trying to figure out how we could make it all work. Lexi kept saying "we don't have enough time, it just won't work." But we're making it work!!! We are so excited!

Our old dance teacher posted a #TBT of our little ballroom dancers - love it! Half of these kiddos are heading off to college, craziness!
So. she's registered with classes all over the place -mwf at 11, m 4:30-6:30, tr at 8, then again at 10, and w night from 6-9. But when all you're doing is going to school, that's ok, right? She's got a place to live - a brand new swanky condo called mountain lofts. It's pricey, but they are offering enough incentives to make it doable for this year. Next year she'll look fondly back on when she lived in the newest apartments in rexburg, but at least she'll have a luxurious first year! Babysitting has been arranged. Tickets have been bought. We still need to find a hotel and car, but things are rolling right along!

I like to do a close up of my most important. (: 
Lexi's new mantra is "be nice to me! You're gonna miss me!" I know this is a very good thing, but it's becoming real to me that I will be leaving my baby across the country to live without me, and it's tugging at my heart. It's a very good thing though, and that definitely makes it easier. 

Life just got busier and crazier and better all rolled up into sending one girl off to school! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Lana said...

wow! awesome!!

Alecia said...

I am so excited for her! That is so awesome. I can help with the littles when needed!