Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our family has grown

I did it. I let myself get talked into getting some pets. A lady in our neighborhood needed a new home for 2 guinea pigs and Christian really wanted them. They'd been wearing me down for a long time and I cracked under the pressure. Meet magic and pipsqueak, our newest family members. 
They are brothers and still pretty terrified of us. They run away and hide any time we go downstairs. Nonetheless, more than half the family is gaga over them. 
Pay no attention to the ensembles. 
These poor guineas are very, very loved. 
Loved fiercely. 
Delaney has been so funny with them! She talks to them in a super high pitched voice, and she'll say "it's ok little fellas! You're not scared! Hi magic! Hi little fella! Eat this, pipsqueak. There you go, lite guy!" and then she laughs and laughs when they do anything, but especially when she holds them. 
This boy is in love too. He paid for half of them, and he alone decided to keep their names. He cleans their cage and makes sure they have food and water. So far, not so bad. 
I'm still not 100% sold on them, but as far as pets go, their pretty harmless. 

No comments: