Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday

Feeding these 6 is a lot of work. I just keep thinking of what I would do if all of these were mine. Michelle Duggar, I am not. Sadly, because I think she is a great lady. I do tend to fall for reality tv, and I know most of it isn't real, but the duggars seem very genuine to me. And even their crew likes them, which cannot be said for some other reality tv personalities. And I know a little bit about what I'm talking about because one of my friends (Joni) actually produced some reality shows, most notably (imo) Jon and Kate, and their crew did not like Kate. That's my 2 cents on feeding the masses and reality tv. #hotmess
After naps (Saturday) we went to the pool. It was chill-to-the -y! And despite feeding them dinner before we left (as pictured above) everyone was "hungey." And cold. And tired. D-mama was grumpy!
We've got this kid/pool thing down to a science. Matt showers the boys, I get the girls, and by the time we finally get home they're already in their jams and ready for bed. 

Sunday morning popcorn and living scriptures. 
Periodically kale would put his arm around Addie. They've been married all weekend, so there's a lot of "honey, are you ok?" And "honey, would you like some more popcorn?" They've taken it so far that I have been "grandma" all weekend too. Playing house is fun. (:
6 spiffed up and ready for church kiddos!
We had steak and potatoes for dinner tonight and it was a good 20 minutes before Matt and I sat down. Between prepping baked potatoes and cutting steak, whew!

At dinner we talked about fhe where we will be brainstorming our family mission statement. I'll hang one at home and make one for Lexi to have at school. The teens think it's a great idea and are so happy to help brainstorm, reminding us of all the wonderful things we do together as a family and how excited they will be to see the finished product. We put out into the universe what we want, right? (;

Tonight lexi is at a ysa "cinnamon roll activity," Chris made cookies, matts got the brood on a walk, and I am relaxing for 10 minutes. And that 10 minutes is over. (:

No comments: