Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bye-bye, bubba!

On Friday bubba and I left home at 3 to head to the scout shop. The baby boy drove! On the beltway! During Friday evening traffic! 

'Twas slightly nerve wracking. I really do best just keeping my eyes on my phone, otherwise I get pretty jumpy. You just haven't experienced life until you have driven with a new driver on the Washington DC beltway. Serious fun!!
We were able to drop off Christian's eagle project binder with 15 minutes to spare, phew! They will send it off to Texas and in the next few weeks we'll receive our eagle packet. (:

We looked all around the scout store and I found these two cool council badges. 
#lighthouserforlife
Matt received a truck full of mulch after we'd left, so the little ladies got a lot of screen time that day. He sent me this pic captioned "i fed them! There's a first time for everything!" So I had to document. 
Bubba's flight didn't leave till 9:45, so we knew we'd have several hours to kill, but then his flight got delayed an hour. We went to target and I got my school supply shopping done. Yes, done. I can't believe it either! I had some things in my stockpile, ordered some things from Amazon, and bought the rest at target. I've never bought things this early! It's craziness!

Bubba is seriously like an old man. Even though we didn't have anywhere to be, he was all antsy and ready to leave target. Silly boy. We headed to the airport, found some rockers, and watched the planes. 
10:40 finally came, and he was off! Without an "I love you" to mom, but it's ok, (sort of) because I know he's a mamas boy at heart. 
I rolled up just before 1am and checked on the littles. I would've snapped lex too, but she spent the night at Meghan's. 
See you august 18th, baby boy!

No comments: