Sunday, August 31, 2014

First day of school!

Only 10 days late...

The bubba leaving for school in the dark wee hours. Thankfully kaitlynn Eli was good to drive the LG seminary kids out to the krugmans. Seminary switched (again) this year. That's been a tough pill to swallow, since McCombs are literally less than 5 minutes away and krugmans are 20+, but bishop says they've prayed about it and feel it is the right decision, so that's good enough for me. 

Anyways, 5:45 comes around prett-y early, but thankfully there have never been too many seminary grumbles. 
My cool bubba. And off he goes!
Special occasion initial pancakes! (Bubba didn't want one, fyi). Fakey smile:
More real smile:
And we're off to the bus stop!
Showing me her back pack. (:
Striking a pose. Love this big 1st grader. (:

And as soon as Addie's pictures were done, lady lanes jumped up and said "my turn!"

And since big sister did it, to the side! Little sister will never be left out!
In the bus line. It was a little bright. 
And there goes a lil piece of my heart. It's hard every year, even when we're all ready. 
And then as I was posting back to school pics on fb, I saw this picture, and tears. I hope I can learn to not guilt myself for every little thing and really, truly accept that I am doing the best I can with what I know. And with who, and where I am. I love motherhood, but I hate the guilt!
It was still a happy first day of school. (:

No comments: