Saturday, May 29, 2010

8th grade dance

Last week Alexis had her 8th grade semi-formal dance.
We looked everywhere for a dress and then after we found the dress we had to look everywhere for a pink sweater. Finally at the last store we went to we found this cute black one that looked nice with the whole ensemble.

The day of the dance we primped for hours. I did her nails and toes and hair. I asked if she wanted make-up but she declined. I love that! A little bit of lipgloss and she was good to go.

And she humored me with a million pictures.
She can't complain too much though, I warned her.
Isn't she B-E-A-utiful!




Then her friend Brittany got to our house and I had to get pictures of the 2 of them and some of Brittany by herself.


Then the 3rd friend Meghan got here.

Meghan's aunt and I were totally trying to tell them how to pose.
They sort of humored us. :)




After the picture extravaganza I took them to Cheeseburger in Paradise for dinner and then to the dance at school.

When we got to the school Alexis did not want me to get out with them but I just had to! And there were tons of parents milling around taking pictures. All the kids hung out outside for the first few minutes and the principal was walking around monitoring. So I totally embarrassed them by asking her to take a picture with them. ;)

With Principal Bachner. Can't you just see the excitement on their pretty little faces?!

They are doing some renovating at their school so they used the ugly wood partitioning to decorate with stars with all the 8th graders and their teachers names. The dark grey one is Alexis'.

The gym was decorated so cutely! The committee in charge went to both of the high schools and asked for their decorations after their proms so it was pretty cheap and easy. Isn't that so smart?!


I hung out at the dance with my friend Becky for about an hour and then showed up about an hour early to pick them up. :) I kept it cool though, I didn't even dance! Even when the Cupid Shuffle came on. And that my friends, took some willpower.
They had such a fun time!

I cannot believe my baby is going to high school soon!!!!

4 comments:

Joy :) said...

Ohh, she is so grown up. She looked so pretty.

Holly said...

Lex, your are so beautiful!! It sounds like you all had a great time. Michelle, you are the best mom ever! I heard that Matt is coming our way! Yay! Why are you not coming? You should.

Lindsay Edward said...

She looks great and I love her outfit! What a great idea to use previous prom decorations too!

Anonymous said...

Queens