Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our weekend

Might as well start there, right?!

We had a fun and busy weekend. Friday night Christian had a baseball game so we packed up the fam, grabbed some $5 foot longs and headed out!

He's playing for the Orioles this year which is kind of cool because Baltimore is the closest Major League team to us.

That Addie loves her some baseball games.

Up to bat.

Isn't he so handsome!

He usually plays 3rd base, but sometimes outfield because the coach told him he needs "some speed in the outfield."
So cute!

I just love this boy! He'll always be my little bubba!

On Saturday morning we had a Carwash and Auction at the church for the Boy Scouts. They asked for a dad to volunteer to run the carwash and knowing how much Matt enjoys washing cars, and how good he is at it, I volunteered him. :)
Running the show.


Saturday night the boys went on a date to see Iron Man 2.
Alexis, the little girls, and I went to Kohls (love it!) and a baptism, actually, love that too!
Such a simple ordinance that makes all the difference in the world.
We had a nice night hanging out with the girls.

For part of my Mothers Day gift, Matt woke up with the little girls all weekend. And yes, I said girls. Addie's still waking up some nights. Boo.
Church was wonderful and busy. So busy that I noticed I was starting to feel achy, but didn't have time to pay attention to it.
Until I sat down and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Totally felt like the flu.

So, it being Mothers Day and all, I went to bed and stayed there all day.
I got up a few times to moan and groan and let everyone know I was sick.
But I had lunch served to me in bed, a baby brought to me to eat, and all the almost-2-year-old kisses I could ask for.
(I guess I could really have had all the 12 and almost-14-year-old kisses I could ask for too, but I settled for the one:)

Monday morning I felt lots better but still not 100%.
So sweet Lexi-Lu stayed home to take care of me.
Which really means taking care of Addie and Frankie.
Although I did get a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats brought up to me. :)

Monday night Christian had his end-of-the-year concert for Chorus. Matt took him early and let me show up whenever I wanted too. I was about 10 minutes late but I dragged my sorry booty up and made it. :)

Here they are before the concert.
I've been trying to get a good picture of the 4 of them for awhile but here's how it usually turns out.

Not-so-hot-so.
Then diva Addie decides she does not want her picture taken and covers her face.

So we got some without her.

And then we got some with dad and Addie.

Then Christian decided it was time to go.

Can you spy a long haired Christian???
Top row, 8th in from the left.

They did a cute tribute to Michael Jackson.
Christian is a rockin' dancer.




And just because she's so cute!
Sweet Frankie-girl.



PS - Be on the lookout for Frankie's 1 month blog post tonight. That girl is so late!
It's dated April 24th though, so you'll have to go back through my older posts and find it.
It'll be worth it though, I promise!

3 comments:

The Wasek Family said...

Your family is SOO cute! I can't believe little Frankie has grown so much already! She is adorable!

auntie amy said...

nice moves chris - i think you get your mad dancing skillz from me! i was digging your head bobble. did you spend a lot of time watching 13 going on 30 as homework?
p.s. i expect an in person performance next time i see you!

auntie amy said...

oh yeah - lex i love your curly hair. so cute!