Friday, June 21, 2024

Homey

I had my annual old lady dermatologist skin check yesterday and other than that it was an at home day. We laid out all our clothes and packed our backpacks and suitcase for our big trip.  

I got a project done that has been on the back burner of things to do for 15 years and in earnest on my list of things to do for weeks - I got my two teacher retirements rolled over into an IRA. Well, almost. I submitted a name change request for my Washington teacher retirement since I wasn’t married when I worked there, so after they approve that I can officially get that rolled over. It took hours and was frustrating and confusing and I’m so glad it’s off my list. 

Another long project is getting the 26,000 pictures and videos off my phone. We bought a solid state hard drive, then realized we needed an attachment, then we realized we needed an additional attachment, then after we downloaded 1000 we hit a roadblock and the pictures wouldn’t download. When Alli came down she helped us, and really it’s “us” as in “we” are pregnant, meaning “us” is really Matt, and now “we’re” finally able to download 10,000-20,000 pics a day. I’m doing my part by going through them all and deleting duplicates and dumb pictures I’ve taken that I don’t need to save. It’s been a fun walk down memory lane and I’m happy to report I’m down to 12,000 on my phone, so yay. Memory lane 👇🏻 

We got a special delivery yesterday in the form of a dirty old trampoline and the girls and Matt and Dan got it almost all set up and they had fun cleaning it with the hose and jumping on it. I made stuffed shells for dinner and we finished the night at the pool. We’re enjoying our at home days. 

No comments: