Wednesday, June 5, 2024

EPCOT

Since Alli had been with our dad for a few weeks we felt ok about taking a day to spend at Disney. We picked Epcot, but as we chatted the day away we discovered that we’d all have rather gone to Animal Kingdom. Oopsie. 

We decided to rope drop Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure so we parked at Hollywood Studios and walked to the back entrance. Because of early entrance, by the time we made it over there the wait time was 75 minutes. We thought about switching up our plan but decided to stick with it. I went and grabbed some French pastries to tide us over while we waited and start our food journey around the world. 

Ratatouille ended up taking 50 minutes and was very fun and cute (I loved all the kitchen smells!) but it made me feel a little sickie and the rest of the day I was low level motion sick. 

We walked through the world showcase before it was open. Morocco!

Japan!!

USA! USA!

Italia!

Germany has this odd Werthers original store. Someone asked one of the employees if werthers was big in Germany and they were like… no. So weird. 

German love. We got a chocolate covered smore there that wasn’t fab. 

We love the pandas in China. 

I ended up wearing my travel outfit again to be cool and comfortable. I had planned to wear Jean capris but it was so hot and Amy had brought a romper and I was like, duh, that’s a way better idea. 

We rode all the rides - Frozen, which only took 20 minutes to wait on, Gran Fiesta Tour, Test Track, which we walked right on in the single rider line, Soarin’, which we rode after a rain storm and we waited for a really long time for, and one of my top 5 rides of all time - Guardians of the Galaxy! They have a virtual que for that ride which I don’t know why they can’t do that for every ride. But we got on quickly and it’s so smooth, and fast and played great music and it spun us a little but not so much to make you sick. It was a long’ish ride too, so fun! We laughed and screamed the whole time!

The ride was so fun, but after I felt a little more motion sick. We decided to ride Spaceship Earth to sit and relax a little, but that was a bad move. It was warm in there and the movements made me feel like I was on an airplane and made me feel sick, and then when we went backwards, forgetaboutit. Stick a fork in me, I was done. We went to a restaurant and I laid my head down for about 30 minutes and then I was good to go. But we didn’t ride any more rides. I told the hennas I would totally wait in line with them and be super happy, but we’d ridden everything we wanted to so we were good. 

We shopped and continued our food fest around the world. There was a super fun worker taking pics, so we had him take one for us. 

Of course we got fish and chips in England and it was v tasty!

We ranked all our snacks too, except for the last 3 because for a little while we weren’t gonna finish our world tour. We weren’t hungry and we’ve done it before. But then we smelled the bbq and then one thing lead to another.  

My ranking is first, Alli second and Amy last. The empanada was chefs kiss!

Mexico - empanada - #1, 1, 1
Norway - school bread - #2, 7, 7
Canada - maple popcorn - #3, 3, 6
Morocco - fried hummus - #7, 2, 5
England - fish and chips - #4, 4, 2
China - potstickers - #5, 5, 3
Germany - choc. covered smore- #10, 8, 4
France - pastries - #8, 6, 8
USA - BBQ - #6
Japan - shave ice - #11
Italy - gelato - #9

One funny thing, I had been doing some research about what to eat because we wanted to try new things (even though it didn’t always work) and I found that we should order school bread in Norway. I really liked it! Anyways, we talked so much about going back to Disney world with our whole crew and how we would do it again with more people, so when we went home we looked through all our pictures and I read through my blog and guess what we ate in Norway last time in 2017? School bread. 🤣 I have the worst memory. 

Alli really wanted to try the fried hummus and it was only available at a sit down restaurant so we enjoyed the beautiful views in Morocco. 

We kind of didn’t have a lot to do. We sat and people watched and talked a lot. Epcot isn’t the most exciting park, but it is beautiful. And since we never do it, we stayed for the fireworks and that was fun too. We were there from opening to closing and walked a million miles and we felt like we ate a lot but we really only shared 11 things. It was a super fun day and I’m so glad we got to spend time as sisters in the happiest place on earth. 

No comments: