Sunday, February 28, 2021

Day #350-#351

Saturday was bubbas big birthday celebration. Alli and Frankie went to Target early and picked up some snacks and decorations and then we all worked together to make the day special for our special boy. He came over around 1 and aren’t Delaney and Alli adorable?

He hadn’t seen any WandaVision so the girls excitedly offered to watch with him. 

Papa came over and we all played some Chameleon, Taboo, and Eye to Eye. 

He requested Shepherds Pie for dinner and Better than Shopping Cake for dessert. Easy easy. 

Jeannie came over at 3 and spent the day with us too. It was a fun one. 

He has been “going to leave for the Army any day now,” for months, so he doesn’t want/need any gifts. We bought him a bunch of goodies and gave him a check, because presents are fun to open and checks are always in season. 

Addie is the sweetest. 

A grown up boy! I love him and not his beard.

After papa and Jeanne had left and Matt was... somewhere, we realized we hadn’t gotten a picture of all of us with our birthday hats. I set a timer and snagged this beauty. 

I had stake council at 7 this morning, but had trouble sleeping last night. After all the festivities I developed a case of the “what am I doing here, I don’t know anything and everyone is going to realize and I’m gonna feel so dumb and actually I am so dumb”’s. This doesn’t happen often, but I’ve been feeling pretty humbled lately and this has been building for awhile. I had been a ward relief society president for a long time and I pretty much knew what I was doing. I wasn’t perfect, but I had a handle on it. I am in fully uncharted territory now and when things go sideways, like they do, it is easy for me to question myself and my abilities. So I was tired this morning, but everything went fine. I love counseling in meetings where everyone participates and I felt the spirit encouraging and assuring me and it was a good morning. Hoping to not have anymore cases like that for awhile, but with Women’s Conference hot on my heels and still some things with our Spanish and Deaf Branches to sort out, I just might. And it will all be fine too. This isn’t my gig, it is the Lord’s and I trust Him completely. So thankful these feelings come and go fairly quickly. 

We had in person sacrament meeting that I was late to because of my meeting, so that was stinky, but the meeting was really good. Then our RS/EQ was nice and then nap time was amazing. We planned some things for our trip, papa and I dropped off the last of the shepherds pie and cake to Christian, and Matt made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. We watched a new Disney movie Flora and Ulysses and the parts I saw were really cute. Also, these lucky girls and lucky papa too. 💕

I missed the second half because the last relief society president who hadn’t responded to several requests (and I worried I had somehow offended) finally responded and I jumped at the chance to chat with her. Turns out they had family things and life was crazy and she wasn’t just trying to avoid and ignore us. She was lovely and I am reminded again (again again) that it’s usually not about me. No matter what “it” is, it’s usually not about me, no matter how hard my insecurities try to make it be. 

No comments: